RunAsXP - Outlook Express Compatibility Forum
moving outlook folder - Printable Version

+- RunAsXP - Outlook Express Compatibility Forum (https://runasxp.com)
+-- Forum: Outlook Express Compatibility Forum (https://runasxp.com/Forum-Outlook-Express-Compatibility-Forum)
+--- Forum: Support (https://runasxp.com/Forum-Support)
+--- Thread: moving outlook folder (/Topic-moving-outlook-folder)

moving outlook folder - BJA - 04-11-2019

Hello Rafael,

I am still using outlook as my primary email application , but I have a problem.

I move my folder to a new internal disk , and I indicate outlook express theis change in the setting.

Restart the computer nothing but I don't lose my accounts. but no my mailbox

I try to browse the new folder and then I have an error "runtime error 5 - invalid procedur or call argument

Computer asus , windows 10

What can I do ?

PS : I try to reinstall outlook , same thing

Great thanks a lot for your help

RE: moving outlook folder - BJA - 04-11-2019

Rafael,

I just check my folder moved and I cannot find back my all folders , seems after this new install all my folders disapear , this become a big issue for me

what do I need to do ???

RE: moving outlook folder - Rafael - 04-12-2019

Hello,
first of all installation has not to do with folders.
Let me know the following so i can understand the issue and help:
1. you tried to move email folders to another destination (external drive), right?
2. how did you moved the files? did you copied all dbx files to new destination?
3. what do you mean you cannot find your folders? you cannot see them on outlook express or you cannot see the dbx files in the destination that you copied them?
The dbx files are still on original destination (that waere before you copy them)?

RE: moving outlook folder - BJA - 04-12-2019

hello Rafael,

Just to let you know that I succeed to import my folders that I have saved in other disk .
Now eveything run but error when I try to browse the folder ib the setting ( runtime error 5) invalid procedure call or argument.
and then after that no more icon outlook near the clock.

RE: moving outlook folder - Rafael - 04-12-2019

what do you mean "when I try to browse the folder in the setting" ?
When you try to browse the folder on outlook express? or in the tray icon menu?

RE: moving outlook folder - BJA - 04-13-2019

hello rafael,

in the tray icon menu , if I select setting then browse flder , I got this error .

Also , I have configured an email account xxxx@xx.com , with the option , address for answer yyyy@xr.com, but this is not working

thanks

bruno

RE: moving outlook folder - Rafael - 04-13-2019

Store folder is not suggested to be moved on external drives.
And that because external drives may change drive letter if removed and re-attached.

The reply address, is the address where the receivers will reply to your emails.
You should set there the email address that receiver of your emails will reply your email.
to check if it works, just right click on a Sent message (a message that you have sent or replied) and click "properties" then click on "Details"
You will see there that the reply address is the one that you have set.
In demo screenshot below, you see that i have my email address set to test@test.test and reply address to test2@test.test

[attachment=586]