RunAsXP - Outlook Express Compatibility Forum

Full Version: Love how OE works!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you!!
Right from the start, a couple of weeks ago, this program has run with no issues of any kind! Heart

I have one very small question.
When starting, I get first the question from Win 7 User Account Control: Do you want to allow this unsigned program to change things on this computer?

So the question is, is there a way to change a setting or info about the publisher of this program, so it will start right away?

As you can see this is a very minor 'issue.'
Thanks for your help
(12-23-2014, 11:39 PM)A3braam Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!!
Right from the start, a couple of weeks ago, this program has run with no issues of any kind! Heart

I have one very small question.
When starting, I get first the question from Win 7 User Account Control: Do you want to allow this unsigned program to change things on this computer?

So the question is, is there a way to change a setting or info about the publisher of this program, so it will start right away?

As you can see this is a very minor 'issue.'
Thanks for your help

Hello,

There are 2 solutions for this:

1: Totally disable (User Account Control) UAC.
To do this, go to Control Panel, User Accouns, Change User Account Control settings and disable it (lower level).

2: Make Outlook express running without UAC asking every time to run, Here.

In this case, because that guide is old, you must replace msimn.exe with startoe.exe on all guide steps.