Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[SOLVED] Runs once, then 'Not Repsonding'
#1
Hi,
I installed OE 6 on a new Lenovo. OE ran well for a couple of days. Now it will run once (maybe). When I try to run OE again, it just hangs with 'Not Responding'. Have to use Task Manager to end the process. Huh[/i]
Tried reinstalling under the different conditions described elsewhere in the forum but no luck. Any suggestions ?
TerryC
Reply
#2
Hello Terry,
Do you use ESET? if yes please read here: http://runasxp.com/Thread-Eset-Email-cli...20#pid6720
Rafael
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------

Reply
#3
(11-06-2015, 05:41 AM)Rafail Wrote: Hello Terry,
Do you use ESET? if yes please read here: http://runasxp.com/Thread-Eset-Email-cli...20#pid6720

Hello,
No, I do not use ESET. I read the post about ESET and others related to antivirus programs. I have installed with no antivirus or email scanning software. Also installed in safe mode as administrator (with no antivirus or email scanner).
Tried to change the compatibility mode using Win 7 'compatibility troubleshooter'. This tool suggested using XP SP2 mode and then you run the program in this mode to see if it works. Well, it does in fact work. However, when I then say "yes this worked", the tool returns an error saying it cannot set the compatibility mode.
Terry
Reply
#4
strange.. it looks like something is blocking oe on your pc. Can you please try to run outlook express with different user to check if it runs normally on other users on your pc? if problem presists please contact me (runasxp@gmail.com) to check that with a teamviewer if possible.
Rafael
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------

Reply
#5
(11-06-2015, 09:10 PM)Rafail Wrote: strange.. it looks like something is blocking oe on your pc. Can you please try to run outlook express with different user to check if it runs normally on other users on your pc? if problem presists please contact me (runasxp@gmail.com) to check that with a teamviewer if possible.

Hi Rafail,
Tried your suggestion. Though there is only one user on the PC where OE is installed, I logged out and then logged in. After that, OE has been working. Something was blocking / causing problems for OE, however, not going to spend any time trying to figure out what. If things change, I will let you know. Considered this problem resolved.
Terry C
Reply
#6
Most likely your email folders are currupt. You can try deleting the dbx files so oe will recreate the (*Do a backup first)
Rafael
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------

Reply
#7
(11-07-2015, 02:48 AM)Rafail Wrote: Most likely your email folders are currupt. You can try deleting the dbx files so oe will recreate the (*Do a backup first)

Hi Rafail,
I am still using the same OE folder and dbx files since there is only one user on the PC. However, will back them up and perhaps try letting OE rebuild the email folders from an empty OE data folder.
When I installed OE on the new PC with Win 7, I simply copied the dbx files from the old PC which had Win XP. As I mentioned OE ran nicely for a couple of days and then the odd behaviour started.
Overall, though, I am satisfied because it is working (and because my German wife is happy to have her OE back). Smile
I am also satisfied with the support you have provided.
Terry C
Reply


Forum Jump: