Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
registration of one/more dll failed due system security
04-14-2015, 03:00 PM
registration of one/more dll failed due system security
Installing/updateing OE 2.0 - could not complete installation as rcvd twice error msge "Registration of one or more dll failed due to system security". are useing w 8.1 - hv disabled antivirus/spyware (=windows defender, no other installed) and smart screen + all other programms closed. appreciate your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: registration of one/more dll failed due system security
(04-14-2015 03:00 PM)Michael Schmidt Wrote:  Installing/updateing OE 2.0 - could not complete installation as rcvd twice error msge "Registration of one or more dll failed due to system security". are useing w 8.1 - hv disabled antivirus/spyware (=windows defender, no other installed) and smart screen + all other programms closed. appreciate your help.

That error happens when system security blocks outlook exress installer. Dont worry, there is a solution for this.
1. Boot your pc on 'safe mode with networking' by pressing F8 key when booting your computer.
For more info how to boot on safe mode with networking look here
Boot on safe mode with networking on windows 8 and 8.1
Boot on safe mode with networking on windows 7
(external link).
2. Installing Outlook express on 'safe mode with neworking' will work.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
04-17-2015, 03:16 PM
(04-14-2015 04:31 PM)Rafail Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 03:00 PM)Michael Schmidt Wrote:  Installing/updateing OE 2.0 - could not complete installation as rcvd twice error msge "Registration of one or more dll failed due to system security". are useing w 8.1 - hv disabled antivirus/spyware (=windows defender, no other installed) and smart screen + all other programms closed. appreciate your help.

That error happens when system security blocks outlook exress installer. Dont worry, there is a solution for this.
1. Boot your pc on 'safe mode with networking' by pressing F8 key when booting your computer.
For more info how to boot on safe mode with networking look here
Boot on safe mode with networking on windows 8 and 8.1
Boot on safe mode with networking on windows 7
(external link).
2. Installing Outlook express on 'safe mode with neworking' will work.

++

Hello Rafail - tksvm - hv tried as you hv suggested but still have the same error message and unable to install new version. Do I need to uninstall the old version ? work on "safe mode" only (without netwoking) ? Am I the only one in the world with this prblm Undecided ?
Kind regards Michael
04-17-2015, 05:58 PM
No, its not needed to uninstall old version, Just make sure that you dont have any other software open when installing OE, Also make sure that you have administrative rights and Retry always on 'Safe mode with networking'.

it will work normally. Try it again and if that did not worked, send me PM with a printscreen of that error window.

Rafail B.
Administrator
04-17-2015, 10:34 PM
(04-17-2015 05:58 PM)Rafail Wrote:  No, its not needed to uninstall old version, Just make sure that you dont have any other software open when installing OE, Also make sure that you have administrative rights and Retry always on 'Safe mode with networking'.

it will work normally. Try it again and if that did not worked, send me PM with a printscreen of that error window.

Rafail/Michael - tks yr last - I have: restarted with "safe mode with Networking" - hv deactivated all (?) programmes, to the best of my knowledge non are running. further hv deactived windows defender and smart screen (no other security software installed) - still I am receiving attached error code ?
04-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Please upload a printscreen of the error window, or write the error details.

Rafail B.
Administrator
04-17-2015, 10:40 PM
(04-17-2015 10:37 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Please upload a printscreen of the error window, or write the error details.

trying again - hv just send also     by email see "runasxp@gmail.com" -