Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
importing contacts into Outlook express
09-28-2014, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 04:42 PM by peterdw747.)
importing contacts into Outlook express
How would I import my address book (contacts) from my Microsoft Outlook 2013 (windows 8) on one computer to now outlook express (windows 7) on another computer.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: importing contacts into Outlook express
Follow this video for export:

Then open Outlook express, click File > Import > Other Address Book.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi Rafail thanks for the reply. Outlook Express was the one I downloaded from this website to work on Windows 7.
However indeed when I have followed the instructions from the video all works well. However when I now try to import this file .CSV into Outlook Express it comes up with an error message (error importing to the Address Book)
10-11-2014, 02:26 AM
(09-29-2014 10:38 AM)peterdw747 Wrote:  Hi Rafail thanks for the reply. Outlook Express was the one I downloaded from this website to work on Windows 7.
However indeed when I have followed the instructions from the video all works well. However when I now try to import this file .CSV into Outlook Express it comes up with an error message (error importing to the Address Book)

Hello,

Try importing addredd book through address book not directly from outlook express import-export (open outlook express go to address book (addresses) click import.

if that didnt work, then copy address book (.wab) file manually
the location of that file on windows 7 is: %AppData%\Microsoft\Address Book
paste that link on address bar.
there should be a wab file. replace that with the one you have backed up.

Rafail B.
Administrator
10-12-2014, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 03:53 PM by peterdw747.)
(10-11-2014 02:26 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(09-29-2014 10:38 AM)peterdw747 Wrote:  Hi Rafail thanks for the reply. Outlook Express was the one I downloaded from this website to work on Windows 7.

Hello,

Try importing addredd book through address book not directly from outlook express import-export (open outlook express go to address book (addresses) click import.

if that didnt work, then copy address book (.wab) file manually
the location of that file on windows 7 is: %AppData%\Microsoft\Address Book
paste that link on address bar.
there should be a wab file. replace that with the one you have backed up.

Hi Rafail

Thanks for the reply. However face one problem. I have all my contacts on a windows 8.1 office 2013 on my laptop and I want to get them onto my desktop windows 7 into Microsoft Express.

However when I export this from my outlook 2013 into a comma separated file and try to import to my Microsoft Express on my desktop it comes up with an error. I did read some were on this forum there might be a problem with importing address/contacts into Microsoft express.

Thanks again
10-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Import export of outlook express does not work, but import-export of address book seems to work, have you tried importing from address book? (not from outlook express)
See image

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Rafail B.
Administrator
10-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi again. I have exported my PST and comma separated file .CSV file on my laptop and followed your last instructions moved it to my desktop to import into Microsoft express. However comma separated file still comes up error. (error importing to the address book)

I don't think Microsoft express has the ability to import a .pst file
12-12-2014, 04:35 AM
(10-12-2014 09:28 PM)peterdw747 Wrote:  Hi again. I have exported my PST and comma separated file .CSV file on my laptop and followed your last instructions moved it to my desktop to import into Microsoft express. However comma separated file still comes up error. (error importing to the address book)

I don't think Microsoft express has the ability to import a .pst file

no, outlook express does not import pst files, but it can import csv contacts, through addresses import only. Check if your csv file is ok or try with a different one.

Rafail B.
Administrator