Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
feature request
11-22-2016, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2016 07:44 AM by gkarasik.)
feature request
Hi,

A little background: My wife is tech-averse. She uses a computer, but everything has to be set up for her in advance, and if there's a deviation from expectations, it discombobulates her.

She uses Outlook Express because she's always used Outlook Express. Lately she's been discombobulated when trying to find a default Docs directory. Further explanation: She keeps most of her letters of recommendation (she's a college instructor) in a particular directory (C:\School\Recs), so when she needs to attach one to an email, she can find it. But occasionally she needs to go to a different directory for an attachment. But the old directory name is sticky, so when she does this and then wants to get back to the default Recs directory, she can't find her way back to it.

So what I'd like to ask for is a "default" insert/attach setting that I could pre-configure so that every time she clicks "Insert," she's shown the directory she expects to see.

Please note that I've looked for that option and googled for it without success. If I've missed a way to do this, I would be very grateful if someone could point it out to me.

GaryK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: feature request
Hello,
Actually oe does not choose the default directory for attachments,
windows usually opens the last opned dir.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
11-24-2016, 10:54 PM
(11-24-2016 10:25 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
Actually oe does not choose the default directory for attachments,
windows usually opens the last opned dir.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm asking if you could implement/add such a feature. Or would that not be possible?

GaryK
11-26-2016, 01:09 AM
It is Operating System feature and not oe, but if there is a way for that, i will let you know.

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-26-2016, 02:39 AM
Not life or death, but thanks in advance for looking.
11-27-2016, 04:39 AM
thank you for asking

Rafail B.
Administrator