Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
downloading runasxp
12-14-2015, 07:51 PM
downloading runasxp
do I need to turn off avast antivirus in order to download runasxp software?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2015, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015 08:37 PM by Rafail.)
RE: downloading runasxp
Some antivirus may need to be disabled. Because v2.1 is new it may not allow downloading unknown files giving false positive.
I have already mailed Avast and waiting them to check and mark download as safe.

As you can see on VirusTotal, file is scanned and marked 100% clean and safe (and from Avast too).
https://www.virustotal.com/el/file/335e4...450103394/
The problem may occur when downloading, avast may block download. Until Avast finish check and allow download you can disable it while downloading.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
12-18-2015, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 01:44 AM by jjb.)
(12-14-2015 08:34 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Some antivirus may need to be disabled. Because v2.1 is new it may not allow downloading unknown files giving false positive.
I have already mailed Avast and waiting them to check and mark download as safe.

As you can see on VirusTotal, file is scanned and marked 100% clean and safe (and from Avast too).
https://www.virustotal.com/el/file/335e4...450103394/
The problem may occur when downloading, avast may block download. Until Avast finish check and allow download you can disable it while downloading.

have you gotten a reply from avast yet? I'm new to the avast software & am having problems finding where to disable it during the download of this software.
12-18-2015, 02:36 AM
Hello,
You can right click on avast tary icon on taskbar and click "Avast Shields Cntrol> Disable for 10 minutes" until they exclude OE from false alerts

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------