Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cannot initialize portable version
01-28-2015, 12:51 AM
cannot initialize portable version
Hi, I've just tried to use last usb portable v 1.6.7, both on Win 8 x64 and Seven 32. After double click , main OE window keeps appearing/disappearing neverending. To stop it I musty terminate one or two OE instances in the Task Manager, then the OE folder has been created (but no executable found in it) and appearently the program works, but after closed it, same problem comes back as try to reuse it by the initial installation executable, the only one present.
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: cannot initialize portable version
I see, none cares about. Could I at least know if someone is using the USB portable version and nothing wrong with it?
Thank you
01-30-2015, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 05:29 AM by Rafail.)
(01-30-2015 01:13 AM)ramones Wrote:  I see, none cares about. Could I at least know if someone is using the USB portable version and nothing wrong with it?
Thank you

It's not true that none cares about. Just other users may not have faced that problem. Normally portable version will work fine on USB dirves, and of course on Windows 7 and 8.
Check if your antivirus blocks Outlook Express and if you have full administrative rights. I'll check again Portable version and if found anything i'll let you know.

Also note that Portable version will be updated soon and be more lighter and faster.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
01-31-2015, 01:32 AM
(01-30-2015 05:28 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(01-30-2015 01:13 AM)ramones Wrote:  I see, none cares about. Could I at least know if someone is using the USB portable version and nothing wrong with it?
Thank you

It's not true that none cares about. Just other users may not have faced that problem. Normally portable version will work fine on USB dirves, and of course on Windows 7 and 8.
Check if your antivirus blocks Outlook Express and if you have full administrative rights. I'll check again Portable version and if found anything i'll let you know.

Also note that Portable version will be updated soon and be more lighter and faster.

thank you, I'll keep waiting. Bye
02-21-2015, 11:23 PM
(01-28-2015 12:51 AM)ramones Wrote:  Hi, I've just tried to use last usb portable v 1.6.7, both on Win 8 x64 and Seven 32. After double click , main OE window keeps appearing/disappearing neverending. To stop it I musty terminate one or two OE instances in the Task Manager, then the OE folder has been created (but no executable found in it) and appearently the program works, but after closed it, same problem comes back as try to reuse it by the initial installation executable, the only one present.
Thank you

It is the same in Windows Vista.