Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows 10 update wiped out OE
01-19-2016, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2016 11:19 PM by dgihough.)
Windows 10 update wiped out OE
Ignore: Managed to access the Donation key response via a webmail link. Re applied key and found the emails. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An unexplained Windows 10 update occurred today and it wiped out my OD installation.

Like a dummy, I had my license key stored in the received email when I donated and cannot get to it to reinstall.

I downloaded the installation, but don't have the license key to complete the startup and hopefully find my old emails. Plus I can't just donate again because it would send the email to my old, non-accessible email address.

Catch 22

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2016, 12:15 AM
RE: Windows 10 update wiped out OE
Hello Terry,
Happy you finally solved it.
In any case i can resend your keys if needed.

Regards

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
01-20-2016, 05:31 PM
I can't find where to find and run the restore OE tool. I've downloaded OE again, but need to restore my previous version following a Windows 10 update. Also I can't find how to turn off automatic Windows updates to stop this happening again.
01-21-2016, 12:49 AM
You can download update disable tool and oe restore tool here:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Outlook-Expres...store-tool

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------