Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is it installing in Spanish?
08-03-2015, 01:25 AM
Why is it installing in Spanish?
Hello,
I just installed the programme on my Windwos 10 and here is one of my twp problems (see other thread as well):

EVERYTHING in the top left corner appears in Spanish:
Folders
Inbox
Outbox
Sent
Deleted Items
Drafts

These items can not be renamed into English ones (rename option greyed out).

When I first installed the programme under Program Files EVERYTHING was in Spanish even though I chose English.

I subsequently uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (this time under Program Fles (x86), paying extra attention to the language choice being English, yet in the top left hand corner everything is in Spanish.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 02:06 PM by FrancoA.)
RE: Why is it installing in Spanish?
(08-03-2015 01:25 AM)FrancoA Wrote:  Hello,
I just installed the programme on my Windwos 10 and here is one of my twp problems (see other thread as well):

EVERYTHING in the top left corner appears in Spanish:
Folders
Inbox
Outbox
Sent
Deleted Items
Drafts

These items can not be renamed into English ones (rename option greyed out).

When I first installed the programme under Program Files EVERYTHING was in Spanish even though I chose English.

I subsequently uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (this time under Program Fles (x86), paying extra attention to the language choice being English, yet in the top left hand corner everything is in Spanish.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you!

And if I toggle between languages in settings in the tray icon, it will change the language everywhere EXCEPT the Spanish text as described below in the top left corner (Folders, Inbox, Sent Items, Outbox, Deleted Items and Drafts).

And yes, my Windows10 is set to English of course!

Any ideas??
08-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Hello. The email folders (inbbox, outbox e.t.c) are being created on outlook express first installation (in the language you choose in first oe installation). The folders can not be renamed even if you change outlook express language. The only way to change folder names is to delete folders so oe will recreate them in next run with current language this time.

So you can backup or export your emails first (file>import-export) and then delete your mail folders. To find the mail folder paths you can open the tray icon menu (right click) and then click settings>open mail folder path. Delete all files there (backup first) with outlook express closed. run outlook express and new folders will created with current oe language this time. After that you can import any exported mails before using file>import export menu.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
08-03-2015, 05:14 PM
That seems to have worked for me. Thank you!

(08-03-2015 04:06 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello. The email folders (inbbox, outbox e.t.c) are being created on outlook express first installation (in the language you choose in first oe installation). The folders can not be renamed even if you change outlook express language. The only way to change folder names is to delete folders so oe will recreate them in next run with current language this time.

So you can backup or export your emails first (file>import-export) and then delete your mail folders. To find the mail folder paths you can open the tray icon menu (right click) and then click settings>open mail folder path. Delete all files there (backup first) with outlook express closed. run outlook express and new folders will created with current oe language this time. After that you can import any exported mails before using file>import export menu.