Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Unable to get started with Outlook Express in Windows 10
03-09-2016, 04:35 AM
Unable to get started with Outlook Express in Windows 10
I downloaded and installed Outlook Express. My e-mail provider is Comcast who recently switched to IMAP for it's incoming server. I believe I have configured everything right, including my user name, password, incoming server name, outgoing server name, incoming port number and outgoing port number. After configuring these settings, there appears a new IMAP folder, which Outlook Express calls an account. There are no folders within this IMAP folder/account. This means there is no Inbox. I also get a message asking if I want to download a list of folders. When I do this I get an error that says "PLAIN authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer."

Ever since Comcast converted to IMAP I have been having problems with e-mail. I used to use Outlook Express, may years ago, and it worked well. I thought it could work well now, but perhaps not. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. I am unable to revert back to Windows 7, my previous OS.

Does anyone out there have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply