Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spell Check not Working
10-28-2014, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 07:59 PM by Rafail.)
Spell Check not Working
Hello,

I am using your OE on Windows 7 32-Bit and Office 2010 installed, and spell check doesn't work.

so I tried to install your PTK.MSI but it is asking for PTK.CAB file. i searched for this file on office CD but not found.

I have a copy of Office XP and Office 2003, Can i install Word with minimum components and get the spell check working ?

Thanks for the efforts,
Abhishek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Spell Check not Working
so I tried to install your PTK.MSI but it is asking for PTK.CAB file. i searched for this file on office CD but not found.

First of all whitch language spell check you want? If english then download it directly here

For other languages there is the PTK.MSI trick, to install it you must have OFFICE XP PROOFING TOOLS CD (Not Office XP).Office XP Proofing tools is a multi laguage pack for microsoft office that installs spell check for many languages for (Already installed) microsoft office XP. That proofing tools (witch includes spell check as i said) is compatible with outlook express, but if you try to install proofing tools without office xp installed it will give you an error telling that you must first install office xp. For that reason i have patched one file (ptk.msi) from proofing tools that checks if office xp is installed, that file is not whole office xp proofing tools cd, its just a file from that cd, i cant upload whole cd because its illegal. But if you have office xp proofing tools cd you will see that in the root of cd there is a file named ptk.msi, if you replace that file with the one i have patched, you will be able to install proofing tools without office xp installed (in order to replace you must copy all cd contents on a folder on your pc, you cant replace files on cdrom), so you will have spell check for desired languages on outlook epxress.
Now as for where to find office xp proofing tools, well i cant help you with that, proofing tools is not free, give a search on google.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
10-29-2014, 11:44 PM
ok thanks.

i wanted spell check for English, 32-bit.

i thought proofing tools is part of Office, i dont have proofing tools CD, only Office. i guess i have to install Office 2003 word.
10-29-2014, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 11:48 PM by Rafail.)
since you want english just download it here works for 32 bit. but spell check is included by default for english..

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I am running Win 7 (32 bit) but cant find the Engslish spellchecker.
Is there a way to fix it or a link where the English (USA) Proofing tool can be
downloaded?
Also running Office 2007. Is there a connection with the Proofing tools
for Office 2007 and OE for Win 7?
12-02-2014, 02:38 PM
By the end of this month i will upload spell check for many llanguages.

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-12-2014, 04:22 AM
Spell Check is now available for download on Tools and Add-ons Section.
http://runasxp.com/thread-4.html

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-12-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: [SOLVED] Spell Check not Working
All the languages installed but none of them can be used (as far as I have tested)
The foreign language did not stick, always went back to Bulgarian.
And when I tried English (USA) I just got an error when spell checking
" An error occurred while the spelling was being checked "
Sad

(12-12-2014 04:22 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Spell Check is now available for download on Tools and Add-ons Section.
Link
12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
(12-12-2014 03:18 PM)twinr Wrote:  All the languages installed but none of them can be used (as far as I have tested)
The foreign language did not stick, always went back to Bulgarian.
And when I tried English (USA) I just got an error when spell checking
" An error occurred while the spelling was being checked "
Sad

That's true, i found that spell wont work on some systems (problem with some registry keys premisions), it will be fixed and uploaded soon.

Rafail B.
Administrator
01-14-2015, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 06:22 PM by twinr.)
Any News on the Spell Checker Update?