Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spell Check
01-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Spell Check
Rafail,

Question regarding spell check. I had Office 2003 installed prior to installing OE. When I installed OE spell check tab appeared in 'options' and everything work well. I helped an older relative who wanted OE in their W7 computer. They did NOT have any word processing program installed prior. I installed OE for them, but they had no spell check. I installed their 'WORKS' disk after OE installation and they still had no spell check. I downloaded your fix and it put spell check in. Everything works.

My question is, is this normal?? Why would I have spell check on one W7 computer with Office 2003 installed and no spell check on the other computer that had no previous word processing program installed.....I hope this all makes sense...I am asking this for future installs so that I know....Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: Spell Check
(01-20-2015 01:28 AM)Richard Wrote:  Rafail,

Question regarding spell check. I had Office 2003 installed prior to installing OE. When I installed OE spell check tab appeared in 'options' and everything work well. I helped an older relative who wanted OE in their W7 computer. They did NOT have any word processing program installed prior. I installed OE for them, but they had no spell check. I installed their 'WORKS' disk after OE installation and they still had no spell check. I downloaded your fix and it put spell check in. Everything works.

My question is, is this normal?? Why would I have spell check on one W7 computer with Office 2003 installed and no spell check on the other computer that had no previous word processing program installed.....I hope this all makes sense...I am asking this for future installs so that I know....Thanks

Please let me understand: The problem is that in the pc with word the spell works and in the pc without word does not work?

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
01-24-2015, 06:41 AM
(01-21-2015 04:45 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(01-20-2015 01:28 AM)Richard Wrote:  Rafail,

Please let me understand: The problem is that in the pc with word the spell works and in the pc without word does not work?

Sorry to be vague. The computer that had word already installed PRIOR to installing OE the spell checked worked without having to use any extra fixes, or program installs to get it to work.

The computer that had OE installed FIRST then word was installed AFTER would not spell check. I had to download your fix and install it.

Is this normal? Or in the future should I be careful to install word FIRST before installing OE??

In the past I have installed OE first many times then word AFTER and the spell check worked. But in this case it seems I have to install word FIRST to get it to work (word has to be loaded prior to OE install?). Otherwise I have to use your fix program.

Hope that makes sense....

Thanks for OE Rafail. WE ALL appreciate your effort in doing this. Believe me!!
01-25-2015, 01:25 AM
well that has to do with word. Word version, which proofing tools include that version and so on. The English spell check that is available here doen not require office or word to work.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------