Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speed up OE replies performance possible?
06-14-2015, 01:14 AM
Speed up OE replies performance possible?
Hi,

I'm running windows 7, 4 processors, 4 gb ram, but anyway my experience with OE is slow. I reply to several emails, and takes some secs to show the content on window, and then forwarding.

Closing Oe and restarting helps a little bit, but performance is kinda heavy and slow.
I followed all suggestions to improve: compact folders, delete old mails, closing other apps, defrag hd, clean up junk, using apps like glary utilities, ccleaner.
Clean virus or malware, adjust visual effects and so on.

While system performance is acceptable. Email replies aren´t.

Do you have any tip, suggestion, tweak to improve the speed of my email responses using OE? Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Speed up OE replies performance possible?
Hello
The reason for that delay is that outlook express has been desined for earlier windows and does not use the new windows system files. Right now the only suggestion i can give you is to excude outlook express installation folder and email folder (dbx files) in your antivirus. In any case the delay is very low and i think that neither on xp oe vas much faster.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-16-2015, 12:30 AM
I agree xp was much faster.

What you mean by "Right now the only suggestion i can give you is to excude outlook express installation folder and email folder (dbx files) in your antivirus. - "

How do you do that in AVG? And do you mean stop having antivirus protection on email? Wouldn't I get infected in secs?
06-16-2015, 06:04 AM
How do I exclude oe installation folder? (disabling AVG email scanner is easy and crazy though) but how about the folder exclusion?
06-16-2015, 09:40 PM
To exclude files or folders on antivirus you must find the setting on your antivirus. Usually on settings menu there is a exclude submenu that you must select there the folders that you want to exclude.
To find the mails folder path, click properties on your inbox folder.
The avg mail scanner is a junk mail filter and disabling it does not mean that antivirus does not scan outlook express files.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
07-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks. Done but don´t see speed improvement this far...