Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signature problem
04-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Signature problem
Hi folks. I tried to use an HTML signature in this new OE that I've used for years in the original, but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas why?
Thanks for the help and YEA for our new OE!
Ron
Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Signature problem
(04-23-2015 11:27 PM)RKelly5327 Wrote:  Hi folks. I tried to use an HTML signature in this new OE that I've used for years in the original, but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas why?
Thanks for the help and YEA for our new OE!
Ron
Cool

Hello Ron!

Actually Html signature works very well, please follow the steps below to add an html signature:

1: To create an html signature you must first open notepad and write there your HTML code, save that file as HTML file.

2.Open outlook express options and go to signature tab, select 'File' and browse for your saved html file, remember on the right of the file browser to select 'html files' (see attached pic).

3.Done! now you have an HTML signature.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
05-27-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Signature problem
I have several weather 'signatures' that I've used for years in OE as I mentioned, and also used them in Windows Mail, MS Outlook, and in Windows Live Mail, but they don't work in this version of OE. Strange that you mention they work well, but I can't get these to work at all. I think the files are from Weather Underground. They are html files that you set for your local weather. Then when you send an email, they post the weather and time, or whatever you set it up for, in the outgoing email. Pretty neat, but no go on this OE.
I don't get back here much. It's hard to keep up with replies, but I sure do appreciate your help.