Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] use Drag and Drop for saving attachment of Outlook-express on W7
06-24-2014, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 08:41 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] use Drag and Drop for saving attachment of Outlook-express on W7
Outlook-express working on windows 7 is great!

However, I can not save file attachments using Drag And Drop.

Is it possible to use Drag and Drop for saving file attachment of Outlook-express on Windows 7 ?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2014, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 12:18 AM by Rafail.)
RE: Is it possible to use Drag and Drop for saving attachment of Outlook-express on W7
Hello,
Saving attachments directly using drag - drop method is not supported on outlook express, (neither on xp).

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 10:48 PM by euc.)
RE: Is it possible to use Drag and Drop for saving attachment of Outlook-express on W7
(06-25-2014 05:19 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
Saving attachments directly useing drag - drop method is not supported on outlook express, (neither on xp).

Thanks the answer.

However it is funny because I'm using it on Windows XP (and also on Windows 2K) since a long time without problem.
environment:
XP SP3 (or W2K)
and
Outlook Express 6
6.00.2900.5512(xpxp.080413-2105)
@2004 Microsoft ...

06-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Can you post an image from OE dialog you drag the attachment on XP?,
As i tried on an xp machine i was not able to save the attachment form an email using drag-drop.

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-26-2014, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 03:26 AM by euc.)
(06-26-2014 12:17 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Can you post an image from OE dialog you drag the attachment on XP?,
As i tried on an xp machine i was not able to save the attachment form an email using drag-drop.

Unfortunately, print-screen does not contain the mouse pointer so it is not easy to create such a screenshot.
But simply drag (with the left or right mouse button) the file in the Attach: field of the opened mail ( or .eml file) in the OE mail viewer and drop onto the desktop or elsewhere.

It is working on several "XP Professional Version 2002 SP3 english" installation.

06-26-2014, 04:38 AM
OK Got you!
I thought you were trying to save attachment using drag-drop directly from mail list without opening email!
Anyway, the solution in that case is to enable XP compatibility on Outlook express, the only problem running OE on XP compatibility is that you cant open links from an email to Google chrome browser (look here http://runasxp.com/thread-19.html ).
But that's not a problem if you don't use Chrome or don't need to open links from emails to chrome.

To enable xp compatibility on oe, right click on outlook express shortcut ans on compatibility tab check the Run this program in XP SP3 compatibility and click OK see pic.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-26-2014, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 02:02 PM by euc.)
(06-26-2014 04:38 AM)Rafail Wrote:  OK Got you!
I thought you were trying to save attachment using drag-drop directly from mail list without opening email!
Anyway, the solution in that case is to enable XP compatibility on Outlook express, the only problem running OE on XP compatibility is that you cant open links from an email to Google chrome browser (look here [runasxp.com/thread-19.html])
But that's not a problem if you don't use Chrome or don't need to open links from emails to chrome.

To enable xp compatibility on oe, right click on outlook express shortcut ans on compatibility tab check the Run this program in XP SP3 compatibility and click OK see pic.

It solves the issue,
works OK !
THANKS !