Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] runtime error 75
02-02-2015, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 08:52 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] runtime error 75
just installed oe on my windows 7 and after I try to open it I get runtime error message, tried unistalling and reinstalling same thing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: runtime error 75
(02-02-2015 08:49 AM)68gtx Wrote:  just installed oe on my windows 7 and after I try to open it I get runtime error message, tried unistalling and reinstalling same thing?

try running as sdinidtrstor (right click)

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-03-2015, 07:44 AM
(02-02-2015 01:13 PM)Rafail Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 08:49 AM)68gtx Wrote:  just installed oe on my windows 7 and after I try to open it I get runtime error message, tried unistalling and reinstalling same thing?

try running as sdinidtrstor (right click)

Hello I am experiencing the same problem and I have run the program as administrator any other advice?
02-03-2015, 01:30 PM
did that worked or not?
to resolve this, go to outlook express installation folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Outlook Express\" or "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\") and find 'msimn.exe'.

right click on msimn.exe and go to compatibility tab, click 'change settings for all users' and uncheck there 'run this program as administrator'.

Click ok and back on compatibility tab check 'run this program as administrator'. click ok.

Rafail B.
Administrator
02-04-2015, 06:15 AM
(02-03-2015 01:30 PM)Rafail Wrote:  did that worked or not?
to resolve this, go to outlook express installation folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Outlook Express" or "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express") and find 'msimn.exe'.

right click on msimn.exe and go to compatibility tab, click 'change settings for all users' and uncheck there 'run this program as administrator'.

Click ok and back on compatibility tab check 'run this program as administrator'. click ok.

Tried all of this and it didn't work Undecided don't know what else to do.
02-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Are you sure that you have administrative rights?

Rafail B.
Administrator
02-11-2015, 03:24 AM
(02-04-2015 06:15 AM)maniaca4 Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 01:30 PM)Rafail Wrote:  did that worked or not?
to resolve this, go to outlook express installation folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Outlook Express" or "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express") and find 'msimn.exe'.

Tried all of this and it didn't work Undecided don't know what else to do.

I had the same problem getting a runtime error 75.
Like Rafail stated, you must run the program as administrator.
That is, right click the Outlook Express icon on your desktop and select "Run as administrator" and the program should work just fine.