Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] import dbx/wab/identities
11-27-2015, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 07:44 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] import dbx/wab/identities
hi to import my dbx/wab/identities files backed up from xp pro 32 to new win10 pro 64 , do I just copy over as previously when changing o/s ?
cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: import dbx/wab/identities
Yes you can just copy from old xp your "Outlook Express" folder (from identities folder) and replace the one in windows 10.
On new pc you can easily locate the mail folder from tray icon menu

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
11-27-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 10:32 PM by robLFC.)
wow , its exactly the same ease as previous windows upgrades - amazing ! scratches head why windows cant help their customers like this...

incase this helps anyone else : i installed and logged on using my key [got it now!] , restarted machine , dragged all my dbx files id saved with 'oe quick backup' from xp pro 32 , and dragged them straight into win10 64 folder and replaced the existing dbx in there . voila looks exactly like it did yesterday with 17 years worth of emails all auto arranged in folders . awesome ! thanks guys

so , with my identities I have the allidentities and IAM file [both look similar] , where do I put this cos I cant seem to find it ? its a registration entries file [.reg] , only 27k filesize
cheers Heart

UPDATE: ive sorted this , I simply double clicked the reg file, it told me it would add the entries , and that was it .

the only slight 2 things easily fixed are :
1 - I had to re-import all the dbx files again , it seemed to have cleared them after adding identies reg entries
2 - passwords where not in the account files even tho all the log in details where .

cheers guys looks like I am back to normal after about 30 mins or so of installing files .
11-27-2015, 10:36 PM
(11-27-2015 08:51 PM)robLFC Wrote:  wow , its exactly the same ease as previous windows upgrades - amazing ! scratches head why windows cant help their customers like this...

incase this helps anyone else : i installed and logged on using my key [got it now!] , restarted machine , dragged all my dbx files id saved with 'oe quick backup' from xp pro 32 , and dragged them straight into win10 64 folder and replaced the existing dbx in there . voila looks exactly like it did yesterday with 17 years worth of emails all auto arranged in folders . awesome ! thanks guys

so , with my identities I have the allidentities and IAM file [both look similar] , where do I put this cos I cant seem to find it ? its a registration entries file [.reg] , only 27k filesize
cheers Heart

UPDATE: ive sorted this , I simply double clicked the reg file, it told me it would add the entries , and that was it .

the only slight 2 things easily fixed are :
1 - I had to re-import all the dbx files again , it seemed to have cleared them
2 - passwords where not in the account files even tho all the log in details where .

cheers guys looks like I am back to normal after about 30 mins or so of installing files .

Thank you for sharig your expeience.
As for your questions:
1. To get your emails from old pc you an import (like you did) or replace "Outlook Express" folder on identities folder on your new pc with old one.
the path of identities folder can easily be finded opening Tray Icon Menu.
2. The passwords are encrypted in each computer and cannot be migrated through exp[orting registry. There are tools like Mail Pass View that you can run on old pc to view your account passwords.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------