Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Windows 10 update deletes OE6 !!!
07-29-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 11:54 AM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Windows 10 update deletes OE6 !!!
Since today it's the official launching day of Windows 10 I proceeded to accept the automated update from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
I wouldn't comment here the new Windows 10 (which personally I found it to be much faster than previous system), but rather I want to post here the observations regarding Outlook Express.
So surprisingly I found out that Windows 10 deleted OE folder from Program Files!
The mails were still there in Identities folder so luckily I could restore them.
The wab files (where Address Book is) were also deleted, but I had backup of them.
More, what was permanently deleted because is stored in registries, were my message rules (I had a lot of them) and the account settings (email servers, passwords...) so now I have to set them again manually.
Of course I had to install OE again under Windows 10 and another installation key was lost... though when I received the keys they said:" Each key can be used only on 1 computer and up to 10 installations (per computer)." It was the same computer but the previous key didn't work, it asked me to input another key. So now I have only one key left...
Also the Sent-to function is not working anymore in Windows 10.
So be careful before updating to Windows 10 to save at least your contacts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 03:59 AM
RE: Windows 10 update deletes OE6 !!!
Same issue here. My laptop updated to Windows 10 and the icon that should show OE does not work. I had 3 keys. I used one key on my desktop computer and one key on my laptop in 8.1 and the other key in windows 10 when I was trying out the newer operating system. Same computer (laptop) but different operating systems, but it still shows I do not have any valid key to finish installing it.

This was back on 4-17-15 when I donated so I could get the keys.

Is there any way to get another key for the Windows 10 on my laptop? I checked my email and the keys (3) were sent to me on April 17th, 2015.
Thanks!
08-04-2015, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 11:53 AM by Rafail.)
Here is a thread for solving windows 10 update issue: http://runasxp.com/Thread-Outlook-Expres...-10-Update

We will reset one of your keys aksarben. Please contact runasxp@gmail.com
Regards

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
08-13-2015, 02:30 AM
My Windows 10 update removed the Identities file, the desktop icons, and menu references to OE6 and Address Book. But, it left the programs and .wab files in Program File (x86).
09-15-2015, 02:23 AM
This may be an old post but I upgraded Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 and now OE6 won't open. It asks me to Please Enter Key and when I enter the key that I entered in Windows 7 it comes back with "run-time error 35761 request time out". Do I have to buy another key? This is the same computer just different os.
09-15-2015, 11:52 AM
(09-15-2015 02:23 AM)LBF Wrote:  This may be an old post but I upgraded Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 and now OE6 won't open. It asks me to Please Enter Key and when I enter the key that I entered in Windows 7 it comes back with "run-time error 35761 request time out". Do I have to buy another key? This is the same computer just different os.

please make sure that you are connected to internet when reinstalling. If it says that the key is already used then mail us at runasxp@gmail.com your key so we can check it.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------