Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Unable to import messages to OE6
09-18-2015, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 01:51 AM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Unable to import messages to OE6
My messages are on a usb drive and when I click on import messages from Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and click next nothing happens.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Unable to import messages to OE6
Do you have version 2? Is it properly installed?

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-18-2015, 11:41 AM
(09-18-2015 11:16 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Do you have version 2? Is it properly installed?

I don't see a version number listed under help>about but I have downloaded it 4 times over the last 2 days with the same results. I turned off my anti-virus and firewall each time. I do get a dialog box when I click on Microsoft Outlook Express 4 but not when I click on Microsoft Outlook Express 6.
09-18-2015, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 09:07 PM by Rafail.)
Normally import menu should work, something may went wrong on installation. But dont worry, there is second way to import mails if you dont want to reinstall again.

1. Right click on outlook express Tray icon and click 'Settings'

2. On settings click on button "Change mail folder path" and select where your folder containing your mails is (Folder with .DBX files)

3. Restart Outlook Express and you will see your emails.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-19-2015, 01:34 AM
I copied the files from the usb flash drive to a folder on my desktop, changed the mail folder path and it works. Thanks.