Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Passwords on Vista
05-13-2014, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 08:50 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Passwords on Vista
Hi,

I have installed the OE and that works fine other than it won't save the password. I did install the Protected PW stuff an dhave even removed (CCleanered) and re-installed in case I missed something.

I am running Windows Vista SP2 - does Proctected PW work OK on this or do I need to do something else?

TIA

Starb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 03:04 AM by Rafail.)
RE: Passwords on Vista
Are there still people out there using Vista???Big Grin
Anyway, normally OE may have some problems on vista, some times it does not even run!.. , in your case, since as you said it works, try this:
1.Disable UAC from control panel.
2.Create a shortcut on your desktop to CMD.
go to shortcuts properties>advanced and check 'run as administrator' and ok.
run that shortcut, and type 'net stop protectedstorage' (without quotes).
3.Go to OE installation dir (c:\program fles...) and open a folder called 'IO'
there are 2 sub folders, 'amd64' and ''x86',
if you have 32bit version of windows go to 'x86', copy these 3 dll files to your system32 directory (replace old files, if you cant replace them, try renaming old ones).
if you have 64bit version of windows go to 'amd64', copy these 3 dll files to your system32 directory and then go to 'x86', copy these 3 dll files to your syswow64 (replace old files, if you cant replace them, try renaming old ones).

after copying files type on the cmd window
'sc config protectedstorage start= auto'
'net start protectedstorage'

Restart your pc, naormlly it should work.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply