Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] PST to DBX converter?
02-14-2016, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2016 01:43 AM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] PST to DBX converter?
I have been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 which saves to PST files. Downloaded and ran Outlook Express and it picked up several of the old emails and directories OK but failed to load the old Archive file which has numerous sub-directories

I have tried importing but if I create a new directory it labels it .dbx and therefore searches for .dbx files whereas I want to import my old .pst file. Anyone know a fix? I have found some pst to dbx converters but they want payment, I wanted to check if I'd done something wrong in the Outlook Express install
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2016, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2016 07:05 PM by Rafail.)
RE: PST to DBX converter?
Outlook expess uses .dbx files. Microsoft outlook uses .pst files.
Outlook express cannot use pst files but can import outlook emails (that uses pst files) using "File>Import" menu

There is also an alternative method. Select all your messages pressing "CTRL+A" on Outlook and drop selected emails from list to a folder (eg. on desktop) using mouse. That will export selected messages to .eml files which you can drop from that folder to outlook express using same method.
In that case you must do that for each email folder you have on Outlook

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-15-2016, 06:58 PM
(02-14-2016 07:00 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Outlook expess uses .dbx files. Microsoft outlook uses .pst files.
Outlook express cannot use pst files but can import outlook emails (that uses pst files) using "File>Import" menu

There is also an alternative method. Select all your messages pressing "CTRL+A" on Outlook and drop selected emails from list to a folder (eg. on desktop) using mouse. That will export selected messages to .eml files which you can drop from that folder to outlook express using same method.
In that case you must do that for each email folder you have on Outlook

Thanks Rafael. I am switching from Microsoft Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express so I know about the different files. I take it I cannot import .pst files? It seems to have done this with some emails.

Doing individual directories would take forever.
02-15-2016, 08:00 PM
You have to select on import list "Microsoft Outlook" But outlook must be installed on same computer. tried that?

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-15-2016, 10:57 PM
(02-15-2016 08:00 PM)Rafail Wrote:  You have to select on import list "Microsoft Outlook" But outlook must be installed on same computer. tried that?

All is working and it's a very good product. I had two Local Folders and my archives was the bulk of one of these so my emails were not copied across. I manually moved my emails between the two local folders and it all went well

Many thanks

David
02-16-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: [SOLVED] PST to DBX converter?
i search but did not found any good solution for pst to dbx conversion. i can suggest you to search pst to eml conversion because dbx and eml both supported in outlook express in windows xp. you can easily import eml files with drag and drop task. i can suggest you softaken pst mailbox converter. this tool will provide you multiple options to export or convert your pst files. you can also generate eml files from outlook pst!