Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] OE on X64 problem
07-20-2014, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 07:15 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] OE on X64 problem
Hi all.
First I'd like to thank you a lot for this great way to run Outlook Express on Windows 7. However I have a problem running it on one machine. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 with the i7-2640M CPU, 16 GB ram and Windows 7 proffessional 64 bit. When I install it, the proccess goes just fine, but when I run it, the program immediately stops with no error or with just the "Program stopped working" alert and storno button. Sometimes the window to set a name appears, but it crashes in about one second. I have another very similar PC, but with windows 7 proffessional 32 bit and there it works with no problems. I also tried it on one Acer with just 2 GB of ram and Win7 64 bit and one Toshiba with Win7 64 bit and there it works also well. Please what could I try to get it working on this machine? Or how can I completely remove it with all the registry entries and hacked DLLs so I could start it from a clean system?
Thanx a lot for the information.
Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: OE on X64 problem
(07-20-2014 03:56 PM)energizer Wrote:  Hi all.
First I'd like to thank you a lot for this great way to run Outlook Express on Windows 7. However I have a problem running it on one machine. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 with the i7-2640M CPU, 16 GB ram and Windows 7 proffessional 64 bit. When I install it, the proccess goes just fine, but when I run it, the program immediately stops with no error or with just the "Program stopped working" alert and storno button. Sometimes the window to set a name appears, but it crashes in about one second. I have another very similar PC, but with windows 7 proffessional 32 bit and there it works with no problems. I also tried it on one Acer with just 2 GB of ram and Win7 64 bit and one Toshiba with Win7 64 bit and there it works also well. Please what could I try to get it working on this machine? Or how can I completely remove it with all the registry entries and hacked DLLs so I could start it from a clean system?
Thanx a lot for the information.
Tom

Check if you have ESET antivirus email add-on (or other antivirus that has email client add-on) and disable it. If not please send us a printscreen with the error.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
07-21-2014, 03:36 AM
RE: OE on X64 problem
Thanx a lot for your answer, disabling Nod32 email control really solved it!!!