Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
01-06-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
Goodmorning Rafail.I have disabled all email functions and disabling the windows UAC. I run msimn.exe from Outlook Express installation folder, and as administrator but still not work.Sad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
Finally i unistall the nod32 and everything is ok!!!! This is the only solution for everyone have problem with it.

02-06-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 07:03 PM by xzcoca.)
RE: [SOLVED] OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
I'm also a NOD32 user.

Went in here and unchecked and after that it worked

04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Same here. I have ESET Nod32 AV, the 64 bit version. I also slid the bar down and disabled UAC as well as went in and unchecked "some" boxes in the av for email protection. I also went to the program files stored location "Outlook Express" and set the executable msimn.exe as a shortcut on the desktop, changed the feature that allows it to be run as administrator.

I am thinking that you really need to enable some of the features of the AV program for email as ESET has done a GREAT job for me in the past both at work and at home stopping and identifying threats. I would NOT recommend using any email client, this included, unless you can have AV protection on the email, which I consider one of the primary ways of infection.

On my desktop, I have dual boot, Windows XP Pro (sp3) and Windows 10 Pro in another partition. In the XP operating system I have had no issues.... NONE... with Outlook Express and NOD32 AV. It cannot be ESET's fault as it works flawlessly and seamlessly with Outlook, Outlook Express, POP Peeper, (newer version as well) and all the browsers. If there is a missing Digital Link Library, or one that needs modifying it needs to come from the developers of the Outlook Express for Windows 7, 8, 10.
04-19-2015, 01:24 AM
(02-06-2015 07:02 PM)xzcoca Wrote:  I'm also a NOD32 user.

Went in here and unchecked and after that it worked

I am on 8.1 PRO partition at the moment. I too changed the UAC to disabled, and created a shortcut link from the Program Files\Outlook Express\ msimn.exe to my desktop, Properties and changed it to run in compatible mode XP SP3 for ALL users, and to run as administrator. Still would not work. Until I unchecked those 3 boxes in "integrate in Email Clients as xzzoca had shown, it would not work. After I did that it worked.

I left the email client protection alone that shows it scans "Sent" "Received" and "Read" email, so at least that may provide some protection. You do not need to uninstall your ESET Nod32 AV it appears. Just changes one of the settings of the integration of email clients.
04-19-2015, 02:19 PM
You must complete the installkation to make it work. Please reinstall and if you have difficulties you can try installing on safe mode with networking.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
05-22-2015, 11:12 AM
I have same problem with OE not running. Install seems to be successful. ESET is my AV but have disabled it. OE starts then immediately shows "...has stopped working..."
This is first time so email account screen is showing (ie ready to add account)
Settings icon can be accessed and changed, but cannot get to OE program. Pls Help!
05-22-2015, 07:27 PM
(05-22-2015 11:12 AM)willodene Wrote:  I have same problem with OE not running. Install seems to be successful. ESET is my AV but have disabled it. OE starts then immediately shows "...has stopped working..."
This is first time so email account screen is showing (ie ready to add account)
Settings icon can be accessed and changed, but cannot get to OE program. Pls Help!

willodene, you have to do more than disable ESET. Just let ESET NOD32 run, and go into advanced settings and look at the setting for protection of email In the "setup" tab you should see Web and Email (expand it) Email client protection (expand it) second down on the list is Email client integration 3 boxes are checked, so uncheck those 3 boxes.
Above the "Email client integration" is "Email clients" and if you click that the only one I have checked is "Email to scan - Received email" I have unchecked the other 2.

When it is like this I have no issues with opening OE.
running 8.0.312 version of NOD32 Anti virus.