Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
08-18-2014, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 08:38 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
This is a new install on a new machine. Running Windows 7 Pro x64 with 8GB memory and a Pentium 3.0 Ghz processor. When I start OE, before I can even click a yes or no to making it the default client, it pops up with Outlook Express has stopped working screen saying Windows is trying to find a solution. Then switches to another screen saying Microsoft may contact me if they find a solution.

I am running ESet but have disabled all email functions per a previous thread.

Suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2014, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2014 04:31 AM by Rafail.)
RE: OE Crashes Immediately on WIndows 7 x64
Try installing the latest version.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
08-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Since writing the original post, OE actually worked for one day on my computer. Then upon a restart, it was again displaying the same message. I uninstalled the program and deleted file contents. I reinstalled the latest version and am still getting the same message. This version has not worked at all. No changes to OS, firewall or ESet.

Any other suggestions?
08-26-2014, 06:10 PM
(08-22-2014 06:40 AM)OTownGuy Wrote:  Since writing the original post, OE actually worked for one day on my computer. Then upon a restart, it was again displaying the same message. I uninstalled the program and deleted file contents. I reinstalled the latest version and am still getting the same message. This version has not worked at all. No changes to OS, firewall or ESet.

Any other suggestions?

are you using windows live mail? did you tried installing version without fidolook? remember before installing new version, go to outlook express installation directory and delete all contents.

Rafail B.
Administrator
08-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Rafail,

Not using live mail. I did install the version without fidolook. And yes, I deleted the contents of the folder.

I have solved my problem by installing Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode. Now running OE in that environment with no issues so I guess I won't need further suggestions. I wish your program had worked for me as many people seem to be happy with it.
08-27-2014, 12:55 AM
ok, if possible send me a printscreen with the error message.
also as a final suggstion, i would totally uninstall eset and retry running oe,
i am not 100% sure but eset may be the problem...

Rafail B.
Administrator
01-05-2015, 11:30 PM
I have the same problem with OTownGuy. I unistall the nod32 but still have the same.Please help us.
01-06-2015, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:06 AM by Rafail.)
Hello Ellada!

Please give me more info, What antivirus you have? What Os version.
Have you installed last version? also if possible send me a printscreen of the error (add it as attachment to sthe post).
And one more thing, try running outlook express as administraor (right click, run as administrator).

Rafail B.
Administrator
01-06-2015, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:33 AM by kyriakos01.)
I running Windows 7 ult x64 with 4GB memory and a Pentium doualcore 3.1 Ghz processor. My antivirus is eset 4.2.42
01-06-2015, 03:32 AM
(01-06-2015 01:26 AM)kyriakos01 Wrote:  I running Windows 7 ult x64 with 4GB memory and a Pentium doualcore 3.1 Ghz processor. My antivirus is eset 4.2.42
Did you uninstalled ESET or still have it? if not, disable ESET email addon

[Image: advanced-setup-email-clients_psw.jpg]

[Image: tags_web.png]

After that , Try disabling windows UAC.

If that did not worked, then right click on outlook express shortcut, go to compatibility tab, click change settings for all users and there , uncheck "Run this program as administrator".

As a final solution you can directly run msimn.exe from Outlook Express installation folder.

If no success let me know.

Rafail B.
Administrator