Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] No email program associated to perform the requested action
06-04-2014, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 08:43 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] No email program associated to perform the requested action
Hi,

Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

When I scan a document using Canon MP Navigator software and click on Send, Attach to email I receive the error message:

Quote:There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Outlook Express is listed as the default email program in Default Programs.

Is there something else I need to do to make the "scan to email" feature work?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 12:23 PM by Rafail.)
RE: No email program associated to perform the requested action
NO, since simple mapi (direct send dialogs etc) is not supported by windows 7, and even if you install the patch (you sent me with pm) that enables simple mapi on 7 it is not compatible with oe on win7.

That's the reason that i have created "Send To Outlook express" app, that sends emails using right click dialog without using windows mapi service.

The only solution right now is to save the scanned file and send normally OR send using "Send To Outlook express" dialog.

On next version i will update "Send To Outlook express" and add the ability to use it with command line (cmd) also.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
01-29-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: [SOLVED] No email program associated to perform the requested action
give me solution ..and any patch
01-29-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: [SOLVED] No email program associated to perform the requested action
(01-29-2015 01:15 PM)rakesh kudu Wrote:  give me solution ..and any patch

The only solution for that right now is using "Send to outlook express" (right click on file) or manually add attachment.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------