Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Lost emails
09-10-2016, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 04:28 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Lost emails
So, a major windows 10 update deleted OE and required a full reinstall - despite having windows update disabler installed.

The address book was easily found, but user accounts had to be manually reinstalled.

Unfortunately, email files and their respective folders can't be found - where are they likely to be so that OE can access them again?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: Lost emails
Hello,
having installedupdate disabled does not mean that updates are disabled. You must click on "Disable Updates" Button.
the email files (dbx files) are usually not removed from their path so you may find them at :
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Identities\{Identity folder}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
If there are more than one identity folders, check the older one.

You can also try auto restore tool:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Outlook-Expres...store-tool

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-10-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: Lost emails
I finally managed to restore everything to normal. It didn't help that the file I was looking for was hidden, but once located everything after that was simple.

I have also ensured the windows update disabler is now properly configured - entirely my fault it wasn't previously! Undecided

Thanks for your help. Smile