Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Keep having to re-enter password
07-25-2016, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 07:04 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Keep having to re-enter password
I've been using this program for a number of months now, and am really happy with it --- thanks Rafail.

A few days ago I had a power outage and thought I had ended up with a boot issue (Win 7 Pro). I went into Safe Mode and rolled the computer back a few days, and all was well.

Now, for some reason 'Run As XP OE' can't keep the password. It loses it almost every time. Even if I enter the PW and leave it open, and then later go to check mail it requires the PW to be re-entered again.

It did not do this before, and I keep going into "Tools/Accounts/Servers" and putting it in and making sure the "Remember Password box is checked, but it's not holding it.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2016, 05:11 AM
RE: Keep having to re-enter password
Hello,
Yes it can be fixed by reinstalling. Rollback most likely did not restore all files and that may be the reason of this issue.
Please try reinstalling oe (no need to uninstall it first)

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
07-25-2016, 08:19 PM
(07-25-2016 05:11 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
Yes it can be fixed by reinstalling. Rollback most likely did not restore all files and that may be the reason of this issue.

Hi Rafail...

Hey, thanks. I did re-install. Too soon to tell as yet if it fixed the problem, but will let you know.

I appreciate your help a great deal! Smile
07-26-2016, 05:35 AM
(07-25-2016 05:11 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,

Hi Rafail...

** update **

I think everything is fixed. I had a strange hiccup where it would never connect to the servers, but I think I fixed that and now everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for your help, as always. Take care!