Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Install Fail on Win7 Home Premiuim 64
07-30-2016, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 07:27 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Install Fail on Win7 Home Premiuim 64
Hi There, after inserting the license key as required, the installation proceeds and then fails at 40% with the following message
[Image: OE%20Fail.png?dl=0] It also doesn't allow me to change the installation directory at the install options in the beginning. I would actually prefer it on another drive. (edit) I can't see my image but it says" Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. The process cannot access the file C:\Windows\Sys\WOW64\detoured.dll because it is being used by... No program name is mentioned then. It's blank so I'm not sure what to look for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Install Fail on Win7 Home Premiuim 64
Hello,
install directory should not be changed because may cause compatibility issues.
This may be caused by open programs or antivirus during installation. If an antivirus scans files during installation, files may be in use and installer unable to copy them.
Please reboot your computer and if that issue presits, disable antivirus and reinstall.
You can alo install on "Safe mode with networking" for best results.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
08-03-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: Install Fail on Win7 Home Premiuim 64
Hi Rafail,
"Safe mode with networking" did the trick. Thanks a ton! Have played around with OE RunasXP and I must say I'm chuffed. Will refer this program to a couple of my buddies who are still lamenting the loss of Outlook experss on Microsoft's newer operating systems. Smile
08-09-2016, 02:43 PM
RE: [SOLVED] Install Fail on Win7 Home Premiuim 64
:-) Thank you!

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------