Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] How to migrate adress or contacts from Oulook Express XP to OE
08-30-2016, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 09:29 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] How to migrate adress or contacts from Oulook Express XP to OE
Hi
I am looking to transfer contacts from OE 6 installed om XP to OE 6.2.1.1 installed on Win 7.
Please advice me and assist me how I can do it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 04:04 AM by Rafail.)
RE: How to migrate adress or contacts from Oulook Express XP to OE 6.2.1.1 installed on
Hello,
Open OE on old pc wit XP and click on "Addresses" to open Address book.
Click Help>About on address Book and you will see the file path on that window. That wab file has your contacts stored.

Copy that to new computer and do the same procedure to find the wab file on new pc. replace the one on new pc with old one.

Important: Wab file name is the same with the windows user name, so if the wab file from old pc has different name, rename it as on new pc.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-01-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: How to migrate adress or contacts from Oulook Express XP to OE 6.2.1.1 installed on
(09-01-2016 04:03 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
Open OE on old pc wit XP and click on "Addresses" to open Address book.
Click Help>About on address Book and you will see the file path on that window. That wab file has your contacts stored.

Copy that to new computer and do the same procedure to find the wab file on new pc. replace the one on new pc with old one.

Important: Wab file name is the same with the windows user name, so if the wab file from old pc has different name, rename it as on new pc.
Thanks for reply- already problem solved
09-01-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: [SOLVED] How to migrate adress or contacts from Oulook Express XP to OE
Smile

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------