Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Folders in left pane not in English
04-05-2015, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 01:38 AM by AllenGC.)
[SOLVED] Folders in left pane not in English
(Win 7 Pro)
I installed the program without setting the language. So I removed it and re-installed.
After re-installation the first several folders in the left pane are not appearing in English. The rest are, including the spell-checker.

These include the;
Local Folders
Inbox
Outbox
Sent Items
Deleted Items
Drafts

The right click menu for re-naming is normally greyed out on these base folders preventing them from being manually re-named.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the program several times, and did the regional settings in control panel with no change and I am out of ideas.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Folders in left pane not in English
More info:
Photo worth 999 words!
http://www.futuresystems.pro/img/outlookexpress.jpg

Allen
04-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Hello, yes thats right.

The reason for folder namer are not changed is because folders are created on first run of outlook express. Folders are not being renamed because there could not be.
The only way to rename standads folder names is to delete them.

When you will run outlook express again, outlook express will recreate them in the current OE language.

you can export your emails to a folder, delete email folders and start outlook express. you will see the folder names on new language. then you can import emails again if needed.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
04-06-2015, 09:42 PM
(04-05-2015 02:17 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello, yes thats right.

The reason for folder namer are not changed is because folders are created on first run of outlook express. Folders are not being renamed because there could not be.
The only way to rename standards folder names is to delete them.

When you will run outlook express again, outlook express will recreate them in the current OE language.

you can export your emails to a folder, delete email folders and start outlook express. you will see the folder names on new language. then you can import emails again if needed.

Hello Rafail,

Thank you so much for your reply, and your welcome help.
I understand the concept of deleting the folders and then the program will automatically re-create them properly.

I do not know how to delete the folders? The Delete function or the Reset List do not seem to be available in right-click or Edit menus. See photo links below.
http://futuresystems.pro/img/OE-delete_folders.jpg
http://futuresystems.pro/img/OE-delete_folders2.jpg

Here is what I have done since last time.
I have un-installed OE6 again, and run a registry cleaner, restart computer, and re-install OE6.
The folder problem has not changed for me.

How do I delete the folders, so OE6 can re-create them?

Thank you,
Allen
04-06-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 09:56 PM by Rafail.)
Not needed to uninstall oe, if you asked me before you should svae time!

To delete folders open the settings menu (right click on tray icon) and click "Browse mail folder", a new window will open, delete there the files (actually these files are your mail folders).
Make sure that you close Outlook express when deleting mail folders.

Warning 1: do not try to reneame these files, wont work. just delete them so Outlook express will recreate them in current oe language.

Warning 2: make sure that you have made a backup because deleting mail folders all emails will be gone!

Rafail B.
Administrator
04-07-2015, 12:49 AM
It worked! Thank you Rafail!
Now I am also more familiar with the program... and I know where to put the the dbx email files that I will move over from my old XP machine.

Thanks again,
Allen
04-18-2015, 02:26 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Folders in left pane not in English
you're welcome!

Rafail B.
Administrator