Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[SOLVED] Fidolook - Outlook express Add-On
05-10-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 04:48 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Fidolook - Outlook express Add-On
Hi!

I wonder if it is possible to run the Outlook Express extension Fidolook the same way as you run Outlook Express itself. Formerly I always used Outlook Express with Fidolook especially because of its quoting options. I tried to run Fidolook but encountered multiple errors due to calls to the system DLLs rather than those shipped with Outlook Express.

Unfortunately I cannot post here a link to Fidolook nor attach it due to forum restrictions. Since its official site went down, it can be only downloaded using web archive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 05:17 AM
RE: Fidolook
(05-10-2014 09:41 AM)Anixx Wrote:  Hi!

I wonder if it is possible to run the Outlook Express extension Fidolook the same way as you run Outlook Express itself. Formerly I always used Outlook Express with Fidolook especially because of its quoting options. I tried to run Fidolook but encountered multiple errors due to calls to the system DLLs rather than those shipped with Outlook Express.

Unfortunately I cannot post here a link to Fidolook nor attach it due to forum restrictions. Since its official site went down, it can be only downloaded using web archive.

Send me a PM with some info and download link for this extension, and i'll check it out.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
05-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Sent the PM.
05-15-2014, 02:30 AM
I tasted it, this is an OE extension that basically improves OE features, the problem is that it uses some system resources (on XP) and it is incompatible with this version of OE. I may test it further and if i find something i'll post, but i think it's quite complex to make it run on this version of OE...

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-09-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Fidolook - Outlook express Add-On
By the way, can a goal be achieved using a .manifest file?
06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
(06-09-2014 11:20 PM)Anixx Wrote:  By the way, can a goal be achieved using a .manifest file?

hi Anixx
what do you mean with manifest file, how can a manifest file can be used for this?

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-11-2014, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 03:26 PM by Anixx.)
I am referring to this info from Microsoft: kb 309366 (I cannot post a link here unfortunetely)

According to it one can specify the version of a dll used by an .exe assembly in a .manifest file placed in the same directory. It may seem to be a simpler way to run older software than using other hacking tools. Just a guess.
07-02-2014, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 04:11 AM by Rafail.)
No, that can not be done that way.
Anyway, it is an interesting add-on and i will check again if i can make a mod to make it work.

Rafail B.
Administrator
08-07-2014, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 01:55 PM by Rafail.)
Finally after some modifications i made, Fidolook SL worked, i have to test it a little bit more and will soon upload it on Tools/Addons section.

Rafail B.
Administrator
08-10-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 01:42 PM by Anixx.)
Thanks!

Unfortunately, when launched it displays some 1-20 error boxes consequently under Win7 x64, but after that works.

Attached File(s)
.png  error.png (Size: 7.75 KB / Downloads: 16)