Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Digital ID's
01-05-2016, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 05:19 AM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Digital ID's
Hi All,

I would like to use digital id's and encrypted emails. I tried the links in settings but the page will not display a certificate. I guess the msn URL is no longer valid.

Is it still possible to use this feature or is it redundant ?

Thanks

J.J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 02:28 AM
RE: Digital ID's
Hello,
There are many companies offering Digtal ID certificates on intrnet.
I suggest Symantec that has a free 25 day trial period and no payment required for trial.
http://www.symantec.com/digital-id/

Create an account (click on Buy now button and then select free trial)

You will rceive an email with your login password and one email with login username and link.

Open the link and enter your login pasword. Then click Generate and install Certificate.

Once it has been insalled, you can open Outlook Express and click on Digital ID's button. You will notice that certificate has been nstalled on OE.

When you create a new mail from now and on, you will be able to Sign them.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
01-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Hi Rafail,

Thank you for your excellent explanation. I tried it and got all the way through to install the certificate. When I clicked install the certificate a message came up saying it had been installed and then an alert saying that it coulldn't be verified and was not imported. I checked the Digital ID list and its not there. Tried a reissue and same thing, so it seems that symantec have a problem with the trial version (25 days). Unamble to get an answer from support.

Could you please suggest another supplier that I can use. Thanks in advance.

John Jones
01-07-2016, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2016 03:19 AM by Rafail.)
Symantect is tasted my me personally and worked fine. Please try using another browser like chrome while you install certificate.
Also make sure that your computer time is correct when installing certificate and make sure you reboot your pc after installing.
There are many others offering Digital ID's but i must test them before suggesting. So please give a try again with symantec and if no success reply me so i can find another issuer.
01-07-2016, 04:26 AM
(01-07-2016 03:17 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Symantect is tasted my me personally and worked fine. Please try using another browser like chrome while you install certificate.
Also make sure that your computer time is correct when installing certificate and make sure you reboot your pc after installing.
There are many others offering Digital ID's but i must test them before suggesting. So please give a try again with symantec and if no success reply me so i can find another issuer.

Hello again Rafail,

You were absolutely correct.. I used Chrome and it installed correctly. I mainly use Firefox but it fails on the install. Thanks for your help

John
01-07-2016, 05:20 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Digital ID's
No problem John,
Happy to help you.