Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Can't open Attachments
05-14-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 08:45 PM by Rafail.)
[SOLVED] Can't open Attachments
Thanks, great job. But it is not possible to open attachements. In the properties the Spellcheck is also missing. And SendTO.exe has no support for cyrillic letters.
[Image: 6fxysg.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Attachments
SendTo does not support cyrillic letters, maby on next ver this may be fixed.

SpellCheck is not installed by default on OE, for spelling go to Outlook Express 6 Tools and Add-ons.

As for the attachments, as i can see on the pic, the filename has been changed because of the characters, and that may be the reason that you cant open them, for that problem try changing the Encoding on OE (View>Encoding>...) try with cyrillic and unicode.
If that dont work, then read this that may help you.
In any case, you must know that normally file names and email attachments and subjects must be written with english characters, and that because most pc's have not cyrillic fonts installed..!

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: Can't open Attachments
Saving attachments has nothing to do with cyrillic characters.
Here is an example of latin characters with the same problem.
h-ttp://i58.tinypic.com/8yroxx.png
I can see the attachement, but I can't open it. When I click it nothing happens.

Also, when chose the option "Save attachment..." it gives me an error "Not enough free space availabe", although there is enough free space, and the attachement is however saved to the chosen place.
h-ttp://i59.tinypic.com/t8tgdv.png
06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
try this
Start Outlook Express.
On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

if this does not work, then send an printscreen with the error but in English , so i can see exactly what the error says.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-02-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 08:28 PM by Tevton.)
OK. I've reinstalled but the English version now. It's working fine (opening, saving). I think there were some glitch with the Russian version.