Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Receiving Messages Stalls
09-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Receiving Messages Stalls
After a WIN10 auto-update (I swear I had the program to stop auto-updates) I re-installed OE. Messages download up to 02/29, then it stops. A bit later it starts receiving mail again, but it receives the same messages. I now have 7,000 messages in my Inbox, but there are 10 or more of each message. I've tried deleting them all, but it just happens again. And I'm not getting any messages since 02/29.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2016, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 03:45 AM by Rafail.)
RE: Receiving Messages Stalls
hello,
please check if the setting "leave message copy" is checked, try unchecking that option to see if oe receives email normally

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-25-2016, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 05:16 AM by Deb.)
(09-25-2016 03:45 AM)Rafail Wrote:  hello,
please check if the setting "leave message copy" is checked, try unchecking that option to see if oe receives email normally

It was unchecked.
09-25-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 12:56 PM by Rafail.)
i suggest checking again your pop server and port settings, you can try reinstalling but it sonds like the problem is on communication not on oe.

Win 10 Note: please make sure that you have disabled updates on win 10, having the update disabler tool does not mean that updates are off, you must click on "Disable updates".
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Outlook-Expres...-10-Update

if you still have issue with this,please send me a screenshot of your account settings on runasxp@gmail.com to check them

Rafail B.
Administrator
09-26-2016, 05:49 AM
I'm about ready to give up. <sigh> Now there are no messages in OE & it won't connect at all.
09-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Deb, please send me a screenshot of your account settings by mail runasxp@gmail.com
Most likely you have something wrong on your account settings..

Rafail B.
Administrator