Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions Regarding OE And Windows 7
11-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Questions Regarding OE And Windows 7
Greetings,

I am so happy to have found this site, as I love OE and don't want to give it up.

I just had a couple of questions - I am presently using Windows XP and plan to update to 7 soon. So to clarify - will the OE that I have currently installed just stop working?

Is the version to download here officially Outlook Express tweaked to work with newer versions of Windows or is it a new program that tries to duplicate Outlook Express.

Lastly, I have a lot of emails in various folders that I still keep - will I have to import the .pst files or will it be done automatically and just work with the Outlook Express that I have already have installed.

Thanks a million,

HM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Questions Regarding OE And Windows 7
(11-21-2014 11:23 AM)Hey Man Wrote:  Greetings,

I am so happy to have found this site, as I love OE and don't want to give it up.

I just had a couple of questions - I am presently using Windows XP and plan to update to 7 soon. So to clarify - will the OE that I have currently installed just stop working?

Is the version to download here officially Outlook Express tweaked to work with newer versions of Windows or is it a new program that tries to duplicate Outlook Express.

Lastly, I have a lot of emails in various folders that I still keep - will I have to import the .pst files or will it be done automatically and just work with the Outlook Express that I have already have installed.

Thanks a million,

HM

Hello,
This version is modified to run on newer windows, its the microsoft's outlook express modified, not a copy.
as for import, there is a backup-restore tool on addons section, you can try that.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply