Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Program Problems & IMAP Accounts Send Problems
12-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Program Problems & IMAP Accounts Send Problems
The OE6 Portable is great for my simple needs, but I've had a problem with porgram istslef, and also in setups form some MAP accounts. I'm running on twp Win7SP1-32 bit machines. Any suggestions or clues would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. After ca. a week on one computer, I'm getting a startup error "Your runtime license has expired". Some Google search indicates that this may be a problem with the VMWare license used to create a ThinApp program. Is this something I missed that Outlook Express Portable has a limited use time, or might there just a problem with file/version
I downloaded from another website?

2. When setting up any of my IMAP accounts, the program crashes right after I finish inputting the basic info for an account. When I re-sate the program, the account shows as set up. so then I l se he account Properties to set up the IMAP/SMTP ports with SSL, server authethication, etc.

3 I have problems sendmessages with some of the IMAP accounts:

- I've checked and re-checked my account settings numerous times be be sure they're the same as on my WinXP OE6, and also same setting recommended on Internet pages for the problem accounts.

- I've deleted and re-set up numerous time the problem accounts (AOL, Outlook.com)

- All these same accounts receive/send on my WinXP OE6 with these settings below, so I know th Internet access to the mail servers are OK.

- My WinXP machine is connected to a DSL modem via Ethenet cable, one Win7 machine is connected to the DSL modem via WiFi router. OE6 Portable behaves the same way on another Win7SP1-32 bit machine connected by Ethernet cable.

The present situation is as follows.

4. No send problems with my Gmail account.

Inocming server imap.gmail.com
Port 993
SSL checked yes

Outgoing server smtp.gmail.com
Port 465
SSL checked yes

5. After numerous deletion/re-setup, finally got Yahoo mail tp send and upload copy to the server Sent Items folder.

When it did not upload copy, message in local Outbox folder does change from a "draft" (editable) form fo a message received form. Error message when had problem was as below, no idea what the actual configuration error was.

"Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder. Your message could not be uploaded to the IMAP server. The server refused to accept it. Subject 'Yahoo send test', Account: 'Yahoo Mail', Server: 'imap.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'CLIENTBUG] Additional arguments found after last expected argument', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD3"

Incoming server imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port 993
SSL checked yes

Outgoing server smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port 465
SSL checked yes

6. AOL mail will send the message only if the smtp server SSL setting is unchecked (not like on my WinXP OE6). Witth the smtp SSL checked, error message is as below (same as problem with Outlook.com):

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'AOL Mail', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

Incoming server imap.aol.com
Port 993
SSL checked yes

Outgoing server smtp.aolcom
Port 587
SSL checked no (sends wtih this setting)

7. Outlook.com (aka Hotmail) will not send at all. Error message is as below. At at same time, I kow my WiFi connection is OK, and the Outlook.com server is active when this happens (my WinXP OE6 works). I can also access Outlook.com and sen withoutp problems via Thunderbird on the same computer.

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

Incoming server imap-mail.outlook.com
Port 993
SSL checked yes

Outgoing server smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port 857
SSL checked yes

=============================================
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: Program Problems & IMAP Accounts Send Problems
Hello,
The error message about license was fixed (you can download new version of oe protable).
Yes Outlook express portable was created with Wmware.

As for your accounts, have you tried to use SMTP instead of IMAP?

Smtp may work for some servers.

As i can see the biggest problem is on Microsofts outlook accounts (!).

The errors you decribed are server errors (like outlook.com or hotmail). It seems that the protocols these servers use are not compatible with outlook express.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
12-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks, Rafail for your reply.

1. As perversity has it, right after I posted 12/21/14 on this forum, I looked at the latest OE Portable download page and saw the note re the new download to fix the "runtime expired" error. Downloaded the new EXE, but unfortunately my antiivirus program (AVG 2013.0.3495 Free, with 12/21/14 definitions) won't let me run it, say it has "Trojan Horse SHeur.CDXV". Only choice it gives is to delete it, or ignore (file left in place but not allow to run). "access denied").

Then later I saw your 12/9/14 post re some antivirus programs reporting false positives. I'm going to download your non-portable version of OE for Win7 and see if that will work better.

2. I don't understand what you mean by using SMTP instead of IMAP servers. All my OE Portable accounts receive mail OK using IMAP servers. The AOL and Outlook.com accounts have send problems, and sending normally uses SMTP servers anyway.

3. All my IMAP access accounts presently receive/send OK with OE on my WinXP computers, using the IMAP/SMTP settings I listed in my 12/21/14 note. The only exception is that OE Portable requires that AOL SMTP server SSL be unchecked to send, while my WinXP OE requires the AOL SMTP to have SSL checked.

It appears that Outlook.com and AOL has some SMTP incompatibilities with OE Portable, perhaps due to it being packaged via VMWare. As I said above, my regular OE that came with WinXP has no IMAP/SMTP problems or recieve/send problems
12-24-2014, 04:56 AM
It looks like Operating system (win7 nad newer) blocks some ports.
I suggest you trying disable firewall anr/or antivirus.
But that may not solve the problem, because Outlook express normally (on XP and Older OS) is a part of internet explorer (and OS itself).

Now , this (modified) version , is an external app and that may be the reason of blocking.

I'll check this situation more closer next days, and if i find something ' i'll post it.

The reason that gmail and most other mail services work, is that they may use other ports and ssl comunication type.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------