Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picasa cannot use OE6
08-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Picasa cannot use OE6
Quote:Hi,

I assume the answer to this is no, but in case I'm wrong: Picasa cannot use this version of OE 6 because it doesn't see it as MAPI compliant. Is there any workaround for this?

GaryK

Hi GaryK!

did you already work with Picasa and OE6 on Windows XP? So was it possible in the past? If not, this might be a problem, but let's see what Rafail says to this issue!

Sascha

Sascha Pall
Support Team - Super Moderator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Picasa cannot use OE6
(08-01-2014 01:01 AM)SaschaP Wrote:  
Quote:Hi,

I assume the answer to this is no, but in case I'm wrong: Picasa cannot use this version of OE 6 because it doesn't see it as MAPI compliant. Is there any workaround for this?

GaryK

Hi GaryK!

did you already work with Picasa and OE6 on Windows XP? So was it possible in the past? If not, this might be a problem, but let's see what Rafail says to this issue!

Sascha

Thanks for taking time to reply. Yes, it did work previously on XP. My client is now running Win7, and so we switched to Rafail's wonderful port. There seems to have been a recent change in Picasa where it is now requiring the email client to be Extended-MAPI compliant where OE has always been Simple-MAPI compliant. I'm pretty confident that fixing this will require major surgery if it's even possible, and we have a workaround. On the off-chance, however, that it might be a simple fix, I though I'd post.

GaryK
08-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Hey GaryK!

as a amateur-programmer i would say "seen technically, everything is possible" ;-) But your hint with extended-MAPI and Simple-MAPI was very useful!
So, basically it should be possible to catch the calls from Picasa and "translate" them to "Simple-MAPI".... hmm! I'll talk to Rafail and we'll see what we can do for you!

Sascha

Sascha Pall
Support Team - Super Moderator
08-01-2014, 04:45 AM
(08-01-2014 04:19 AM)SaschaP Wrote:  Hey GaryK!

as a amateur-programmer i would say "seen technically, everything is possible" ;-) But your hint with extended-MAPI and Simple-MAPI was very useful!
So, basically it should be possible to catch the calls from Picasa and "translate" them to "Simple-MAPI".... hmm! I'll talk to Rafail and we'll see what we can do for you!

Sascha

If it could be done without it turning into someone's life's work, that would be chock full of awesomeness!

GaryK