Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Outlook Express Backup - Restore Tool
03-13-2015, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 04:49 AM by RKelly5327.)
RE: Outlook Express Backup - Restore Tool
(02-14-2015 03:23 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 02:16 AM)teha30 Wrote:  Where does OE Backup - Restore Tool put the *.dbx files when you do a restore on a new W7-PC?
I have installed OE on the C-disk but I changed the store-folder to another disk so I did'nt have to loose my mails in case of disk-crash or re-install of W7 for any reasons. I did this unfortunately before I used the restore. After the restore I can't find the folder where the *.dbx files are... Sad

well, thats little complicated. It creates a single file (.obk extension) that has all dbx files, wab address books and any other thing we selected to backup.

After working on it, i found that it can be extracted with 7zip.

After extracting all files are revealed (see pic) with the difference that the file names are numeric.

Tried something else to get messages into OE. I copied a dibx file from the original OE that I have on my old desktop. Then I pasted it into the new OE here on my laptop, restarted OE, but the new OE could not see it. Don't know why, of course, since I've used that procedure on the original OE. I have an older backup program called e-backup that I've used for years for OE. I hesitate to use that because it will copy all those dbx files into the new OE and they will just sit there, take up space and won't be seen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2015, 08:55 AM
(03-13-2015 04:42 AM)RKelly5327 Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 03:23 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 02:16 AM)teha30 Wrote:  Where does OE Backup - Restore Tool put the *.dbx files when you do a restore on a new W7-PC?
I have installed OE on the C-disk but I changed the store-folder to another disk so I did'nt have to loose my mails in case of disk-crash or re-install of W7 for any reasons. I did this unfortunately before I used the restore. After the restore I can't find the folder where the *.dbx files are... Sad

well, thats little complicated. It creates a single file (.obk extension) that has all dbx files, wab address books and any other thing we selected to backup.

After working on it, i found that it can be extracted with 7zip.

After extracting all files are revealed (see pic) with the difference that the file names are numeric.

Tried something else to get messages into OE. I copied a dibx file from the original OE that I have on my old desktop. Then I pasted it into the new OE here on my laptop, restarted OE, but the new OE could not see it. Don't know why, of course, since I've used that procedure on the original OE. I have an older backup program called e-backup that I've used for years for OE. I hesitate to use that because it will copy all those dbx files into the new OE and they will just sit there, take up space and won't be seen.

I did the same and i could not make it work. Any sugestions for the adress book (*.wab files). I have month with troubles with the email after a crash on my hard disk.
Im happy that i find this foron with Outlook Express for win 7, any email soft is better than it.Rolleyes
03-20-2015, 01:22 PM
[/quote]

I did the same and i could not make it work. Any sugestions for the adress book (*.wab files). I have month with troubles with the email after a crash on my hard disk.
Im happy that i find this foron with Outlook Express for win 7, any email soft is better than it.Rolleyes
[/quote]

you can wait a week to be released next version of Outlook Express that has fixed Import, so you can normally import emails and wab from outlook express import menu.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
03-21-2015, 12:44 AM

[/quote]

you can wait a week to be released next version of Outlook Express that has fixed Import, so you can normally import emails and wab from outlook express import menu.
[/quote]

Great¡¡¡ Thank you very much¡¡¡
03-28-2015, 12:52 PM
i use this http://www.oebackup.de backup tool many years with w 2000 & Win XP and now with w 8.1 and OE 1.6.0 he works super
04-17-2015, 10:43 PM
(03-28-2015 12:52 PM)zante Wrote:  i use this http://www.oebackup.de backup tool many years with w 2000 & Win XP and now with w 8.1 and OE 1.6.0 he works super

Thanks zante for try to help me. Can u explain me a Little how that soft Works? It is in German lenguaje and Im spanish speaker with some english. Thanks again¡