Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Outlook Express 6 download - scans Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.29313275[h]
05-27-2015, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 03:10 PM by cray claw.)
Outlook Express 6 download - scans Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.29313275[h]
Hi there,

I am interested in using this program on my new Windows 7 64bit machine.

I saved the file to my desktop and uploaded it into the virustotal website for scanning.

It came up with 3 issues, one of which is "Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.29313275[h]". See here.

Would be great if someone could have a look into this and correct the issue - if it is an issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: Outlook Express 6 download
(05-27-2015 05:48 AM)cray claw Wrote:  Hi there,

I am interested in using this program on my new Windows 7 64bit machine.

I saved the file to my desktop and uploaded it into the virustotal website for scanning.

It came up with 3 issues, one of which is "Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.29313275[h]". See here.

Would be great if someone could have a look into this and correct the issue - if it is an issue.

I wouldn't worry so much for practically 1 out of 57 detections. It easily could be a false positive. I also scanned the file with a new promising antivirus, Reason Core Security (http://www.reasoncoresecurity.com), and I didn't get any threats.
But of course, for our peace of mind it would be nice that developers of OE to sort this thing out.
By the way I haven't seen Rafail on this forum for a while... He used to reply every post very promptly.
05-28-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 03:22 PM by cray claw.)
RE: Outlook Express 6 download - scans Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.29313275[h]
Thanks for your post geodrag.

I hope it can get sorted out. This is my favourite email client and I would love to be able to use it on my new Windows 7 machine.

I had the .exe file scanned on another popular online virus scanner http://www.metascan-online.com and had similar results. You can fine the report >here<.

I have also submitted it to Kaspersky for evaluation and will advise what they say when I hear back.
06-06-2015, 04:56 AM
Huh
Huh
Huh

I find it quite surprising that no one from administration has addressed this thread. Not even to mention that it is being looked into and will be dealth with at a later date.

From descriptions available of this family of virus, it is said to be quite malicious and destructive.

Huh
Huh
Huh
06-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Carry
This question is very common and we have replied to many emails and questions for this.
It is called "False positive virus alert". When the antivirus software finds a known program modified (like outlook express that has been modified to run on windows 7) , will give a risk alert.
We are trying to contact the antivirus companies and request to chech and exclude our software from their fake alert lists and we got positive reply from most of them and outlook express has been removed from most of the fake alert antivirus lists. But there may be few antivirus companies that have no way we can send fake alert removal request. So i am asking again all users to ingore the false positive antivirus alerts.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-24-2015, 05:46 AM
I mentioned earlier that the .exe file was uploaded to Kaspersky for checking.

They have scanned the file and report that it is safe to use.