Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Original OE6 v's this NEW OE6
06-24-2015, 06:08 AM
Original OE6 v's this NEW OE6
I use OE6 on XP PRO and want to install this program on a new WIN 7 PRO 64bit machine. Just have some questions comparing this version of OE6 with the original:

1. Currently my internet security software automatically adds a spam folder plus a taskbar with buttons that allow me to add/release email addresses to/from the spam folder. Will this version of OE6 allow for the same features?

2. Can the email email store folder be nominated in the same way as with the original OE6?

3. Is the process for exporting/importing the address book exactly the same as with the original OE6 program?

4. Because my machine is 64bit; does this program need to be installed in XP compatibility mode?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Original OE6 v's this NEW OE6
1. External program add-ins like spam filters will not work. thats because they need to use some other xp dlls that are not present on newer windows.

2. yes, email folders can be used just like on xp. Also there is a tray icon menu that was created to help on that. there is a button there for directly opening mails folder or change mail folder path.

3. Address book import works just like on xp, but keep in mind that you must use the address book window to import, not from outook express window.

4. No compatibility mode is needed. Our version will work like any other windows program directly (without virtual pc or anything like this). Just install and run.

in simple words the experience is the same like on XP , even moe on this nw version 2 that has many differences from earier version (almost all oe features are working now).

Regards

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-29-2015, 06:45 AM
(06-24-2015 06:33 PM)Rafail Wrote:  1. External program add-ins like spam filters will not work. thats because they need to use some other xp dlls that are not present on newer windows.

How does one block spam emails then??

06-29-2015, 09:09 AM
i didn'd got your question. What do you mean "How does one block spam emails then??" ?

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-30-2015, 07:20 AM
(06-29-2015 09:09 AM)Rafail Wrote:  i didn'd got your question. What do you mean "How does one block spam emails then??" ?

** I currently use OE6 on an XP Pro machine.

** I also have internet security software on this machine.

** As I mentioned in my original post, my internet security software automatically adds a spam folder plus a taskbar with buttons onto OE6 that allow me to add/release email addresses to/from the spam folder.

** When I receive spam emails I block them using the buttons on the taskbar of OE6. I can also release emails from the Span Folder that are incorrectly identified as spam.

** You mentioned in your earlier post "External program add-ins like spam filters will not work".

Your answer lead me to my question "how then does one block emails" seeing that you say the spam filter from my internet security software will not work.

06-30-2015, 04:52 PM
The new email servers like gmail have by default spam filters and there is no needed to install third party spam filters.

Rafail B.
Administrator
07-01-2015, 04:37 AM
(06-30-2015 04:52 PM)Rafail Wrote:  The new email servers like gmail have by default spam filters and there is no needed to install third party spam filters.

Third party filters are very useful and very convenient to use so I'll have to disagree on that one.

Will just have to decide whether I can sacrifice loosing such a feature.