Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OE6 for WIN7 - a problem with "sendto" and/or passwords
12-26-2014, 12:51 AM
OE6 for WIN7 - a problem with "sendto" and/or passwords
I've installed this OE6 for WIN7, seem's as a great work. But I've 2 problems to work with it.

Problem 1: If I start OE6, my Avira software told me the in "sendto"-file was found a trojaner = "TR/Dropper.Gen" and put this file into quarantine.

Also after then alll works normal, except problem 2:
I can key in all data for for my mail account, but OE don't save the passwords! Therefore I can't connect me to my mailbox (error message), and after reopening the input window, the password fields are space. Also if I don't try to connect me with my mailbox between save and reopening the input window.

May be, Problem 2 is a consequence of problem 1?

Thanks in advance if someone knows a solution.
Walter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2014, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2014 01:01 AM by Rafail.)
RE: OE6 for WIN7 - a problem with "sendto" and/or passwords
Thread moved (was on incorrect category)

Hello
The virus problem exists and is described HERE

There you can read why some antivirus find it as virus (antivirus false positive).
you can also post there a screenshot of your antivirus screenshot when finding sendto as virus.

As for the password issue, you can try rebooting your pc and reinstalling (it usally works) , make sure that you have checked "Install protected storage checkbox" when installing.
if that failed, try disabling UAC (from control panel>user accouns>change user account settings) and antivirus when installing.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
12-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Hello Rafail,

thanks for your fast anser. Now OE6 works. And I'll give you a short information, may be helpfull for you, what happens during and after the 2nd installation:

a) UAC was deactivated (also during the 1st installation).
b) "Install protected storage checkbox" was checked (also during the 1st installation).
c) AVIRA show the "sendto-alarm" (     ), this massage I've ignored (clicking "x")
d) After rebooting all works normal, the passwords exists after a new import of the iaf files (saved from the OE6 from the earlier WIN XP) and the mail connection works. And please note: No avira message.

After the next reboot, but without starting OE6, AVIRA show again the "sendto-alarm" (     ). After then I've made the following test:

e) Allow AVIRA to put the sendto.exe into quarantine, but don't delete it.
f) Reboot the machine
g) Start OE6 and test sending and receiving mails. And all works proper, also without the sendto.exe!!!???

And here comes the next question:
What do you think I should do? Working without the sendto.exe (which seems for me it's right now also possible!?) or to restore the sendto.exe?

Best regards / Walter

PS: I've attached 2 screenshots (jpg files), but I don't see it in preview?
12-26-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2014 04:28 PM by Rafail.)
Hello,
Thanks for sharing your info,
collect these antivirus screenshots so i can contact these antivirus companies to ask to check and exclude oe form their virus lists.

You can use outlook express normally without sendto.exe
sendto is an addon that helps sending with right click menu. Since normal send to menu wont work on 7 and 8. But its not necessary for oe to run.

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Not at all! I must thank you for your work.
Walter
01-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Hello Rafail,

here I'm again, with the same problem (can't save the password).

I've all done, so as last time and here written (more as one time).

What's the diffence at my side:
The 1st time I've tested some programs on an old machine, at a WIN7-Partition (parallel to WIN XP). Now I need to install all "ready to go" at a new machine (DELL Workstaton T5810).

May be you know also an other work around to save/write my password!? I hope so.

Thanks in advance / Walter
01-04-2015, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 05:31 PM by walter.)
Problem figured out.

A short information:
The reason was, so as I see, the "protected storage patch" in combination with my German Windows.

Testing the patch with Wicky Hu's BAT-File patch, show me errors for the "icacls-call's" in the takeowner.bat, line "iacls %1 /grant admistrators:F". The reason is, in German Windows exists no "administrators", the correct expression is "administratoren".

My work around in this case was, after detecting this point, very simple:
a) alter the takeowner.bat line "iacls %1 /grant admistrators:F" to "iacls %1 /grant admistratoren:F",
b) run the "setup.bat" from Wicky Hu (also many thank's to him), now without any error,
c) install OE with unchecked "Patch protected storage",
and all works fine (again).

Last but not least:
I also found the post in this forum, to copy the old dll-files manually. But I think, this variant is also a fast possibility (if you know, how you must spell "administrators" at your Windows-Version).

Best regards / Walter
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 06:01 AM by Rafail.)
(01-04-2015 05:31 PM)walter Wrote:  Problem figured out.

A short information:
The reason was, so as I see, the "protected storage patch" in combination with my German Windows.

Testing the patch with Wicky Hu's BAT-File patch, show me errors for the "icacls-call's" in the takeowner.bat, line "iacls %1 /grant admistrators:F". The reason is, in German Windows exists no "administrators", the correct expression is "administratoren".

My work around in this case was, after detecting this point, very simple:
a) alter the takeowner.bat line "iacls %1 /grant admistrators:F" to "iacls %1 /grant admistratoren:F",
b) run the "setup.bat" from Wicky Hu (also many thank's to him), now without any error,
c) install OE with unchecked "Patch protected storage",
and all works fine (again).

Last but not least:
I also found the post in this forum, to copy the old dll-files manually. But I think, this variant is also a fast possibility (if you know, how you must spell "administrators" at your Windows-Version).

Best regards / Walter

Hello,

Our version does not use bat file for patching ProtectedStorage, it uses IOBit unlocker. The problem is that it fails some times due to some antivirus that blocks it. So the problem is not the "spelling" since it does not use bat file. The problem is that windows file protection service. The best solution is patching files manually, its the most reliable solution for users that automatic patch did not work.
You used that bat file to patch it but that method has many problems too. Happy that worked for you and thanks for sharing!

Rafail B.
Administrator
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 03:57 PM by walter.)
Hello,

o.k., I don't think that your patch use the bat variant, but it was for me a short way to understand one(!) way and the basic concept of this work. Therfore I've written this as a possible variant. If you think, this is more a wrong way for some users, you may be should delete my post with this variant!?

Walter
01-05-2015, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 08:54 PM by Rafail.)
(01-05-2015 03:56 PM)walter Wrote:  Hello,

o.k., I don't think that your patch use the bat variant, but it was for me a short way to understand one(!) way and the basic concept of this work. Therfore I've written this as a possible variant. If you think, this is more a wrong way for some users, you may be should delete my post with this variant!?

Walter

No i wont delete it of course. It may help some users that the installation method did not worked (like you). I just said that the bat file method is very problematic. Out first version was working using bat files, and 5 of 10 users had problems, now as i can see , at least 9 of 10 installations are success!

Rafail B.
Administrator