Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
OE6 Import
02-04-2015, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 10:56 PM by ozk10.)
OE6 Import
Hi everybody

Have a problem, Downloaded OE6 ok, but OE import not working, any body else had this problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 03:44 AM by Rafail.)
RE: OE6 Import
You can follow this guide to backup and restore outlook express emails from different pc, since import does not work on this version.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
02-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi! The video is not working (at least for me), can you write the procedure?
02-14-2015, 03:49 AM
(02-12-2015 11:30 PM)fer Wrote:  Hi! The video is not working (at least for me), can you write the procedure?

video link updated

Rafail B.
Administrator
08-15-2016, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2016 07:11 PM by Rafail.)
HI Rafiel, forgive if misspelled.
I recently installed OE6 on Win 7 and would like to import former mail which I have on my C drive along with folders containing many,many separate folders where I have kept important emails from the past.
I know where to find them, they seem to be in two places, Documents and settings, under my name, etc, and also in Users under my name Tom, ditto, forget how many steps it takes to get to them, but you know what I am saying.

the Video you posted two years ago no longer exists and I really need to access some of those folders.
please, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
08-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Have you tried to move to another location and import those emails?

Rafail B.
Administrator
08-17-2016, 06:27 PM
CRAP, JUST TYPED A LONG REPLY, IT WOULD NOT POST, THEN JUST LOST EVERYTHING.
OK, yes tried that, I am accessing the outlook express folder in Users, my name, app data, local, identities, outlook express. here I go again. I recently upgraded xp to vista, which worked, then tried to upgrade to Win 7, but it looked like it was upgrading, but instead installed 7 overtop of vista, I had to reinstall all my needed software, although the files were still on the C drive. of course. I used spotmau to copy the C drive to an external hard drive before doing anything from XP, so I have everything there to copy over again, I have been adding extra folders and moving things areound since about 2007 or earlier, so I have had experience doing this sort of thing. the funny thing is when I move DBX folders in the folder down into the outlook express folders, it appears on explorer, but not when I run OE6, I can add new folders in the OE6 local folders and tried to move data into those files with explorer and spotmau booting from spotmau, not the hard drive, NO LUCK EITHER WAY, just seems strange, it used to work in prior years.
any help will be greatly appreciated, I have some very important emails I need to access. OH IS THERE ANY OTHER SOFTWARE I COULD USE TO ACCESS DBX FILES??
Thanks Tom
08-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Tom,
in simple words you want to access your email DBX files in windows 7.
well, it is easy as on XP, just replace dbx files in oe. Will work for sure.
Just make sure that you replace the existing (blank) dbx files in the identity folder on windows 7.
If direct import (http://runasxp.com/Thread-Import-emails-...r-computer ) fails, you can try manual import:

The path on windows 7 is:
The path of these folders is "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Identities\{IDENTITY FOLDER}"

You can open tray icon setting menu (see here: http://runasxp.com/Thread-Accessing-new-...-Tray-icon ) and click on "Browse Mail Folder" button to open DBX files path directly. Replace those files with the old ones you have. Remember, outlook express must be closed when replacing dbx files. Also do not replace identity folder, just dbx files.

Rafail B.
Administrator