Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OE Crashes on run
09-13-2014, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 10:15 PM by daemeon2.)
OE Crashes on run
What I got is the latest version I found on your site for download. (oe6_1.6.1.exe / size 30.3MB)
It was the one without the addon. Completely fresh install.

My Machine spec - win7x64 pro / 16g ram / 4.7ghz - living so far 6 days-new build

I do have eset 7 running on it - I disabled the email part of it as I could tell. Then I retried it with ESET Disabled completely - still crashes.

I did install it to the default folder.

Also my OS is severely modified to look and work like XP. (Classic shell, lots of registry tweaks, lots of policy edits, modified graphis for start menu,taskbar, etc.., modified Zune/Luna theme, tweaks to the program menu to actually work like xp, ripped out tons of bloatwre in win7 -libraries, homegroup, etc..., disable 20 plus services) ( I absolutely hate win 7 but can't get a 64bit sp3 for XP)

I also was trying to install Outlook 2k3 and tweaking it to look like OE before I found this site(5 day search to find this place..). I want my OE back.... I had a LOT of contacts and important messages in it on my old XP machine... ( I got it all backed up on a USB drive and ready to "import" back into this.)

Please tell me what to do??

Also Many.., many..., MANY thanks for doing the OE port to win 7/8 !! I can not express it enough.., microsux should have left this app in all their OS's...

Thanks,
Allen

P.S. Can't get rid of Eset... paid for 4 years of service for it....

Is there a way to make it work with Eset nod32 ??

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 03:06 AM by Rafail.)
RE: OE Crashes on run
Please try uninstalling Eset just for a test and try if worked.
If the problem is Eset, then i will try to find a solution. Thanks

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-18-2014, 05:54 AM
(09-18-2014 03:05 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Please try uninstalling Eset just for a test and try if worked.
If the problem is Eset, then i will try to find a solution. Thanks

tried that already... still won't work. Well sort of... it starts up and as soon as I click the new account wizard, it crashes. It did this same deal before I uninstalled eset as well. Tried uninstalling lots of the shell software, nothing has worked so far. I found a temp app to use in its place, but I would seriously like to get my OE back if there was any way possible. Thanks for the reply and please let me know what else we can try.
09-19-2014, 07:33 PM
since you have a lot of software installed, i'd suggest you to install it on a clean system and add one by one your software to find out witch one makes the problem..

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
09-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the help anyways. But I will have to find a different way than that for right now.