RE: Not Responding
Here is the English spell checker download page:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-English-Spell-...it-Windows

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2015, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 03:40 AM by canalien.)
(11-22-2015 10:20 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Here is the English spell checker download page:

(11-22-2015 10:20 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Here is the English spell checker download page:

This didn't work. It wouldn't download. This Win7 is a 32-bit OS.
11-26-2015, 03:52 AM
it works for 32 bit too. You must run as administrator (right click on file >run as administrator)

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-01-2015, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 04:52 AM by tgvas.)
OK, I first got this program from Rafail several months ago and installed it on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate, RAN and continues to work perfectly, and I have that data files, "IDENTITIES" safely over on a D drive partitioned off from the C drive which is why I have emails dating back to 91, and no problems thank you Rafail!!!

HOWEVER, Saturday I tried to install it on my newer desktop, running the another Windows 7 Ultimate,

The first time I use it, it works as should, but then when I try to open the program again it stops responding,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled now 4 times to no avail, same problem, I have located my data files on other drives and on the same C drive, I've even reformatted and reinstalled windows thinking those darn Microsoft updates mess things up, still same problem

I know this is a work in progress and God bless you Rafail to taking this on, I just hope you have the drive to push further to tweek this problem out.

thanks
12-01-2015, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 05:01 AM by Rafail.)
(12-01-2015 04:47 AM)tgvas Wrote:  OK, I first got this program from Rafail several months ago and installed it on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate, RAN and continues to work perfectly, and I have that data files, "IDENTITIES" safely over on a D drive partitioned off from the C drive which is why I have emails dating back to 91, and no problems thank you Rafail!!!

HOWEVER, Saturday I tried to install it on my newer desktop, running the another Windows 7 Ultimate,

The first time I use it, it works as should, but then when I try to open the program again it stops responding,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled now 4 times to no avail, same problem, I have located my data files on other drives and on the same C drive, I've even reformatted and reinstalled windows thinking those darn Microsoft updates mess things up, still same problem

I know this is a work in progress and God bless you Rafail to taking this on, I just hope you have the drive to push further to tweek this problem out.

thanks

Usually ESET antivirus trys to add and incompatible antispam addon that makes outlook express to not respond. Do you use ESET? if yes check this out:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Eset-Email-cli...on-disable

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-01-2015, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 05:18 AM by tgvas.)
(11-26-2015 03:52 AM)Rafail Wrote:  it works for 32 bit too. You must run as administrator (right click on file >run as administrator)

I neglected to read that last post of yours and it makes sense, I think!

I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for your help Rafail,

(12-01-2015 05:00 AM)Rafail Wrote:  
(12-01-2015 04:47 AM)tgvas Wrote:  OK, I first got this program from Rafail several months ago and installed it on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate, RAN and continues to work perfectly, and I have that data files, "IDENTITIES" safely over on a D drive partitioned off from the C drive which is why I have emails dating back to 91, and no problems thank you Rafail!!!

thanks

Usually ESET antivirus trys to add and incompatible antispam addon that makes outlook express to not respond. Do you use ESET? if yes check this out:

No I don't, hmmm,

(12-01-2015 05:00 AM)Rafail Wrote:  

thanks

I just disabled Windows Defender, which I know is problematic, so I'll hit this again in the morning and see what happens!
12-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Maby the problem is on your mail folders (dbx files). Move them to another directory with outlook express closed, so oe will create a new ones to see if it works.

Rafail B.
Administrator
12-02-2015, 06:53 AM
(12-01-2015 12:55 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Maby the problem is on your mail folders (dbx files). Move them to another directory with outlook express closed, so oe will create a new ones to see if it works.

I'll try that!
12-03-2015, 02:17 AM
For any user that may have installation problems i suggest installing new released version 2.1 that solves many installation problems caused on some users:
http://runasxp.com/ddownload.php?filed=oe6_v2.1.exe
12-24-2015, 11:00 PM
OE working well now on the HP laptop. I had stopped trying to install on Lenovo desktop, but tried again this morning....successfully. It did say that two of my Key had been used on other computers. Not true; just one. I was able to use the third one.

My address book didn't import automatically when I switched my Store Folder, but I had the address book saved separately and was able to import it.

I could not send a message, even though my pop server settings for in and out appeared to be correct. I then removed both and typed them back in what looked like exactly the same. Two messages in my "outbox" immediately sent.

Cut, copy, undo, and spell check are not functional (light gray). Other than that, all is pretty good.[/size][/font]

Thanks.