Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not Responding
11-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Not Responding
OE transition works very well, but more often than not, it's frozen when I try to enter. "Outlook Express" (Not Responding). I get nervous when I can't access my e-mails. Fortunately, I have my OE Store Folder on an e-drive and may have to abandon this version of OE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 05:43 AM by Rafail.)
RE: Not Responding
This may happen is that you have moved your email store folders to external (usb?) drive.
I suggest you to move the mail folders back to internal computer drive because External srive are much slower that internal and may cause this problems.
If you want your emails on external usb drive then you can just copy them any time to your usb.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
11-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Sometimes OE opens as it should and other times it doesn't. If your suggestion is the solution, I would think the problem would not be so intermittent. I lost a lot of 'stuff' with the 'store folder' on the C:drive a few years ago, so am 'gun shy' of putting it back there. I'll be switching to a new Lenovo desktop later today so I'll give your OE a try there.

I presume one of the three 'keys' will let me set up OE there!!!???
11-05-2015, 09:25 PM
(11-05-2015 08:36 PM)canalien Wrote:  I presume one of the three 'keys' will let me set up OE there!!!???

of course, you have 3 keys so you can install oe on 2 other pc's

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-08-2015, 04:12 AM
(11-05-2015 09:25 PM)Rafail Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 08:36 PM)canalien Wrote:  I presume one of the three 'keys' will let me set up OE there!!!???

of course, you have 3 keys so you can install oe on 2 other pc's

I moved my OE Store Folder back to the C:drive, but it's no better. I just have to keep trying several times before Inbox will display messages.

I've also tried installing on my new desktop, but couldn't. Bits of your program installed, but not the whole thing. It was a struggle even trying install it with multiple warnings about Trojans.
11-08-2015, 02:24 PM
You dont have to install outlook exporess on another location that default.
The only thing you must do is to change the store folder back to original path.
What alerts you got from antivirus? can you please send me a printscreen on runasxp@gmail.com
If you still have problems you must try to compact your folders because may corrupt (File>Folders>Compact all folders)

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-08-2015, 09:49 PM
(11-08-2015 02:24 PM)Rafail Wrote:  You dont have to install outlook exporess on another location that default.
The only thing you must do is to change the store folder back to original path.
What alerts you got from antivirus? can you please send me a printscreen on runasxp@gmail.com
If you still have problems you must try to compact your folders because may corrupt (File>Folders>Compact all folders)

I will try again to install on the desktop. If I get the same notices, I'll make a screen shot for you, but not today.

On the laptop, it's still 'hit and miss'. First try this morning, it opened immediately. The next 4 tries, it didn't....but each time I could see it was 'receiving mail.' When it did open on the 5th try, I had one message repeated 5 times. Same thing happened to messages received by two people yesterday in two different episodes.
11-11-2015, 02:32 AM
I installed your OE on my new Desktop this afternoon. It couldn't have gone any smoother. I then imported my address book and Store Folder.

Now, after about 8 tries I can't get it to respond. So, I'm back on the laptop and OE opened here.....this time, at least.

This is more trouble than I want to deal with or take up your time with...so I'm giving up.

Thanks for your patience.
11-11-2015, 03:32 AM
Have you checked your mail folders? you face the problem after importing emails or right after installing?
Contact me ao runasxp@gmail.com and we can check that with teamviewer remote support to solve the problem. Im pretty sure that it has to do with mail folders.

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-22-2015, 09:30 PM
I haven't given up, Rafail. It's a hit and miss deal, but sometimes I can connect on the first try. I have a couple of 'shortcuts' on my desktop on this laptop and am living with the inconsistencies. I quit trying to install on my desktop computer, but may try again.

By the way, 'spell check' is in French. I checked 'options' and there are none from which to choose. I would like it in English.