Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Network Drives
06-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Network Drives
I am planning to move from XP to Windows 7. I use Outlook Express and want to continue to do so under W7, so am looking at using runasxp to do so. This is because I use a network drive in XP making the registry change to "store root" to do so. I know its not recommended but have never had a problem with it having written a batch file to check that the drive is available before starting msimn.exe. I have a small laptop to which the drive and a printer is attached which is on all day, so I can quickly see and print an email without using my main desktop machine, (the machine I plan to move to W7) which I only put on when neccessary. Can your version of OE access network drives with same registry change to "store root" as in XP's version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 03:37 AM
RE: Network Drives
Hello,
Of course it can, it is same version!
You can change the store root via settings menu (like on xp) or via tray icon menu that we created to add some more functionality to outlook express:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Accessing-new-...-Tray-icon

One suggestion: network drives are much slower that normal hard drives, i suggest you to use 1Gbps lan not 100mbps.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-14-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: Network Drives
(06-10-2016 03:37 AM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
Of course it can, it is same version!
You can change the store root via settings menu (like on xp) or via tray icon menu that we created to add some more functionality to outlook express:
http://runasxp.com/Thread-Accessing-new-...-Tray-icon

One suggestion: network drives are much slower that normal hard drives, i suggest you to use 1Gbps lan not 100mbps.

Thanks Rafail for that. I have found that all works fine if my batch file calls msmimn.exe but not outlook express.exe. there must be something in that which resets the registry to its default. Using the tray icon doesn't work to do that either. But I am happy to go srtaight to msmimn. thanks for a good product and support.