Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Menu key don't work
10-30-2015, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 08:33 PM by zenon49.)
Menu key don't work
Hi! On XP I used the "menu key" on the keyboard to do the same operation lika a right click. So I was able to move mails to specific folders without mouse use. What do I need to change that the "menu key" works like before on windows xp?ATM with the "menu key" I can select "sort ascending", "sort descending" and "columns"...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Menu key don't work
Hello, That key works normlly, please make sure that your keyboard is ok and that key functions.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
10-31-2015, 04:41 AM
(10-30-2015 10:23 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello, That key works normlly, please make sure that your keyboard is ok and that key functions.

It works normal in W7, but not as it should inside of outlook express.
10-31-2015, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 12:52 PM by Rafail.)
when i click on an email on the folder and click that key, the menu opens and all functions work properly (like short)

please make sure that you first click on an email on the folder you want to open that menu (to focus window) and then press the key.

Rafail B.
Administrator
10-31-2015, 03:10 PM
(10-31-2015 12:51 PM)Rafail Wrote:  when i click on an email on the folder and click that key, the menu opens and all functions work properly (like short)

please make sure that you first click on an email on the folder you want to open that menu (to focus window) and then press the key.

On your screenshot it's also wrong.

Here my behavior in comparison:

When I hit right mouse button:

When I hit "menu key" :

You see, it's different but it used to be the same reaction like "mouse hit".
10-31-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 04:37 PM by Rafail.)
I thought you meant that you could not see the menu itself.
It has to do with how keyboard functions behaves on windows (7).
I suggest you o use right click instead

Rafail B.
Administrator
10-31-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 08:25 PM by zenon49.)
well i set this program up for my mother and she doesn't use a mouse at all because she's blind.
10-31-2015, 10:33 PM
I understund that situation.
Well i have an easy solution for you. Instead of pressing the rigth click button on keyboard to get the context menu for manageing selected email(s), you can press
ALT+F to bring file menu for selected emails
ALT+E for edit menu
ALT+M for message menu

in other words you will do same thing that right click context does from upper (main) menu by pressing above combinations.
hope that helped

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-01-2015, 06:45 PM
(10-31-2015 10:33 PM)Rafail Wrote:  I understund that situation.
Well i have an easy solution for you. Instead of pressing the rigth click button on keyboard to get the context menu for manageing selected email(s), you can press
ALT+F to bring file menu for selected emails
ALT+E for edit menu
ALT+M for message menu

in other words you will do same thing that right click context does from upper (main) menu by pressing above combinations.
hope that helped

ah okay . thank you! I also figured out some shortcuts to bypass the "menu key".