Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make Outlook Express default email client
10-01-2015, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 12:40 AM by Rafail.)
Make Outlook Express default email client
To make Outlook Express default email program go to Tools>Options and click on "Make Default" button and the "Apply"

The second step is from Control Panel. Open you control panel and go to Default Programs>Set Default programs. Click on Outlook Express and then "Set this program as default"

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2015, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 11:49 AM by Jutta Krbavac.)
RE: Make Outlook Express default email client
(10-01-2015 03:35 AM)Rafail Wrote:  To make Outlook Express default email program go to Tools>Options and click on "Make Default" button and the "Apply"

The second way (and recommended) is from Control Panel. Open you control panel and go to Default Programs>Set Default programs. Click on Outlook Express and then "Set this program as default"

I have downloaded OE. 2 Times, and it is set to Default automatically, is there a way to undo the Default Setting, thank you?
Regards......Jutta
11-28-2015, 07:45 PM
You can go to control panel in default programs and select an alternative mail client as default. If you have only one email client (outlook express) then windows will make it as default.

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-29-2015, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2015 07:20 AM by Jutta Krbavac.)
(11-28-2015 07:45 PM)Rafail Wrote:  You can go to control panel in default programs and select an alternative mail client as default. If you have only one email client (outlook express) then windows will make it as default.
Dear Sir
am running Win 10 --64 bit.
WLM always was, and still is my Default Mail Handler, but OE. also elected to be my Default, without me pressing it's Tab to make it default, this happened since I changed Computers, on the old PC OE. default was "not" set, the way I like it.
How can I change this please.

Perhaps there is a Setting I can change in the Registry to disable OE.'s Default Setting??

Jutta
11-29-2015, 04:45 PM
You can edit regidtry key:

Code:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail"
and edit the default string (remove outlook express and leave it blank).

Or simply run the attached reg file:

.reg  oe_non_default.reg (Size: 182 bytes / Downloads: 21)

Rafail B.
Administrator
11-29-2015, 07:41 PM
(11-29-2015 04:45 PM)Rafail Wrote:  You can edit regidtry key:

Code:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail"
and edit the default string (remove outlook express and leave it blank).

Or simply run the attached reg file:
Thank you very much for the great Help Raphael, it worked like a Charm.

Much appreciated.................Jutta
05-07-2016, 10:14 AM
(10-01-2015 03:35 AM)Rafail Wrote:  To make Outlook Express default email program go to Tools>Options and click on "Make Default" button and the "Apply"

The second step is from Control Panel. Open you control panel and go to Default Programs>Set Default programs. Click on Outlook Express and then "Set this program as default"

When I tried the first step (Tools>Options) the "Make Default" button is not active - that is, it is "grayed out".
05-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Quote:When I tried the first step (Tools>Options) the "Make Default" button is not active - that is, it is "grayed out".

Gayed out means already set, follow second step

Rafail B.
Administrator
05-25-2016, 03:01 PM
I have windows 7 and I want to use the 'mailto' in Firefox and 'send to' in the contextual menu attaching an archive but it doesnt work. These features let me being faster at work.

The default mail client in 'default programs' in windows is OE.
The default mail client in Firefox is OE.

When I click on 'mailto' simply nothing matter, and when I click 'send to' I receive a message of windows telling me that there is not default client mail configured.

Any idea?
05-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Hello, first of all make sure that you followed Both steps above to make oe default.
Second, have you installed last version 2.1.1?

Rafail B.
Administrator