Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Items missing after import
05-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Items missing after import
Although everything seems to be what I'd hoped for (except for spell checking), there are two significant problems with Imports from a saved set of dbx's for an identity.

First, the "Flag" for those messages that had one did not import.

Second, I had some emails where I originally forwarded a received email, added some comments, then x'd out to save that as a draft. And then moved the draft with the comments into a folder. In many cases, I also flagged those messages. None of them appear to have imported.

Not sure at this point if it's simply that no flagged messges imported, or that there's a problem with the messages that were drafts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Items missing after import
Add one more minor bug. When attaching a dozen photo's, the Attachment line becomes a horizontal scroll bar - hiding all the file names. The vertical scroll buttons are still there on the right end, but are not functional. Or if they are, the result is hidden by the horizontal scroll bar covering all the names.
06-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Hello,
The attachment file names barhas a up-down scroll button on right that you can use to see file names.

As for import. I suggest you to backup and replace all dbx files instead on importing from import menu. There are some settings that import menu will ignore.
Remember to backup your emails forst before replaceing dbx files.
To find the dbs files location click "properties" on left mail folder pane.

Rafail B.
Administrator
-------------------------------------------------
06-08-2015, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 11:19 PM by RunAmok.)
(06-06-2015 04:17 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
The attachment file names barhas a up-down scroll button on right that you can use to see file names.

As for import. I suggest you to backup and replace all dbx files instead on importing from import menu. There are some settings that import menu will ignore.

That would have been a good addition to the install instructions - if I'd known that the import was not going to fully pull in all the emails or things like flags in the imported dbx files. But by now there are many newer emails in the dbx files and replacing them with the previous saved dbx files would drop me back to when I originally installed. Not a good option at this point.

As far as the up/down scroll buttons on the right side of the attachment line, as I said, they are there, but... there's what appears to be a horizontal scroll bar which is the only thing displayed in the attachments line and covers almost all of entire attachments line - covering the file names. It can be moved slightly left or right, but only slightly. The up/down buttons may be working, but that horizontal scroll bar still covers all the file names and they are not visible no matter what you do.
06-21-2015, 07:04 AM
(06-08-2015 11:09 PM)RunAmok Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 04:17 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,

That would have been a good addition to the install instructions - if I'd known that the import was not going to fully pull in all the emails or things like flags in the imported dbx files. But by now there are many newer emails in the dbx files and replacing them with the previous saved dbx files would drop me back to when I originally installed. Not a good option at this point.

As far as the up/down scroll buttons on the right side of the attachment line, as I said, they are there, but... there's what appears to be a horizontal scroll bar which is the only thing displayed in the attachments line and covers almost all of entire attachments line - covering the file names. It can be moved slightly left or right, but only slightly. The up/down buttons may be working, but that horizontal scroll bar still covers all the file names and they are not visible no matter what you do.

Referring to the problem where the entire Attachments line is hidden, here's a screen snap after forwarding an email with half a dozen attachments. You can see the horizontal slide bar covering all the file names (so I can't delete any of the files).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-23-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2015 10:22 PM by Rafail.)
Hello,
There is a solution for this,
When you are on new mail (with attachments added) or a received message that must be forwarded (also with attachments) and you cant see the attachments, then click on full screen button of the window (right up corner) to aximize the message windows and then click it again to restore it.
this will resize the attachments bar so you can see the files.

Rafail B.
Administrator
06-30-2015, 01:39 AM
(06-23-2015 10:21 PM)Rafail Wrote:  Hello,
There is a solution for this,
When you are on new mail (with attachments added) or a received message that must be forwarded (also with attachments) and you cant see the attachments, then click on full screen button of the window (right up corner) to aximize the message windows and then click it again to restore it.
this will resize the attachments bar so you can see the files.

Thanks. Is this something which might be addressed in a later version?
06-30-2015, 04:45 PM
I cant tell right now if that wll be fixed on next version but for sure will be cheched if it can be.

Rafail B.
Administrator